Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

RB 3.0 - A lot of new columns, but GROUPING still not implemented?

Hi,

Is there any reason why the ID3v2.3/4 frame GROUPING tag can not be implemented - also after this big update to 3.0?

In GROUPING I have my "crate-ids" which I use for filtering. That's why the GROUPING tag does exist!

E.g. "DFS70, DFTPK" means this track I play during "Discofever" (DF) nights, they are of style "70s" (S70) and I play it during the "Peak-Time" (TPK).

I manage the whole music library (WAV & MP3) on my PC at home and periodically I import them from scratch(!) into rekordbox. But in rekordbox I can not filter and search by GROUPING. So I can not use rekordbox - also not 3.0. :-(

I just saw COMPOSER and LABEL - but these tags are used by myself with other information. So I can not move to another tag. There is also no other free tag ...

Please support the GROUPING tag in the next release. It's a simple text column!

Otherwise I can not use rekordbox due the amount of work re-creating the information after every import.

mp3backup

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

5 comentarios

What software are you currently using to manage the grouping tag? If you're using rekordbox, why not use one of the currently available tags?

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I'm using Tag & Rename for tagging the music files on my PC and Serato Scratch Live for djing because both are supporting ID3v2 in WAV files.

I also use Keyfinder for the key and foobar2000 to get the dynamic range values of each track. Also both support ID3v2 in WAV files.

I also love the Smart Crates in SSL because I can define rules and in my case the tracks appear based on the values in the GROUPING tag. They will never get lost - the info is stored in the tracks.

Rekordbox 2.x was a try but due the limitations as described above I couldn't use it.

I don't like SDJ (SSL development has stopped) so I was surprised to see the release of RB 3.0 and want to give a try. But the try has stopped because I'm missing the GROUPING tag.

There is also no free tag in RB 3.0 to use it instead of the GROUPING tag. And if - they must be also available in Tag & Rename and Serato (at least during a "switch" period).

LABEL is used with the discogs.com release id, COMPOSER has stored the values DR (dynamic range), RMS and Peak. Label+Composer+Grouping are visible in Serato and Tag & Rename.

I also don't want to update all music files (3 TB), copy/move the GROUPING tag to another one.

The plan would be to convert all required WAV files for djing with Wavelab 8 into MP3. Since Wavelab 8 it is possible to copy all the ID3v2 tags during the conversion. MP3 is ok for djing. I would copy them to my laptop and use RB 3.0 - so no external hard disc with all WAVs is required anymore. However - I would have the MP3's on another external hard disc - but only as a backup if the laptop wouldn't work - to connect it directly on the CD player.

You have to know that I collect and dj music from the 70's - 90's. I buy really much CDs on discogs.com to get the best master of the old tracks. That's why the WAV files changes with info in the GROUPING tag. E.g. I use MSCL = Collection = Best Master, and MSDP = Duplicate - and I need to update the library from scratch on a regular basis. The new better master will be converted and used for djing.

So I really wish the GROUPING tag will be supported. It is not really a great wish and really easy to implement. A lot of Serato people use it to identify the crates.

Maybe there will be more requirements for switching to RB 3.x but the missing GROUPING tag is a no-go.

Thanks a lot.

btw: I just see that "Date Created" is available. I would also need "Date Modified" - that's the really and correct information when a file has changed - e.g. re-read the tags from the files from a specific timestamp. And also the date format e.g. "5/25/2013" is not really international. I highly recommend the ISO date format YYYY-MM-DD. Much better for sorting and reading! However - just my 2 cents as a developer for more than 30 years. ;-)

mp3backup 0 votos

btw: I just loaded 2 tracks into the library - after the removing of the previous old 4224 not existing tracks on the harddisc anymore from the library has taken 32 minutes (130 tracks per minute!) ... and I just see that some tags will be written from WAV ID3v2 (label, composer, remixer .. but not title, artist ... In title I see the whole filename. Album artist will be read, but not "album".

I also can not remove "Album Artist" from the library view? Why? My collection is track based and I don't need this info. Of course I can move it to the right where I don't see it but ... funny.

mp3backup 0 votos

PS: I mean "will be read from WAV ID3v2" in the previous post. Sorry.

mp3backup 0 votos

Is there any support of the GROUPING tag in the meantime - or when can we calc with this new tag?

I don't want to use any other tag in the meantime because all is filled with information - also from other software. No change possible.

To use rekordbox (and buy a xdj1000) - the grouping tag is a must have - because it includes all the shortcuts (identifieres of the crates separated by comma).

mp3backup 0 votos