Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

5 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox 3 Update / Older Version

I just installed Rekordbox 3, works fine :) But the older version of Rekordbox 2.2.4 is still installed. New version 3 didn't asked (as expected) to delete older versions of Rekordbox. What happens if I delete the older version? Will it affect the collection, playlist, cue points, etc on the Rekordbox 3 version? Which is the safest way to delete the older version?

Thanks

Arturo Monge

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

12 comentarios

On a somewhat related note and being the paranoid person I am, can I roll with both versions just in case this new version screws up my workflow?  Put another way (and related to the OP's post) are the databases the same or separate (does version 3 copy the existing library and update to it's own?)

pope 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Rekordbox just accesses a database on your computer, so I don't see why you couldn't have them live side by side unless 3 updates the database to a format that is unreadable by previous versions.

I'm still running 1.51 because there were so many problems after that - i just hung back on a version that worked for me. version 3 looks like something I'm finally willing to update to as it adds multicore processing and other features that are actually, you know... useful.

RyanTV 0 votos

Currently, rekordbox 3 will run alongside rekordbox 2.x however future updates to 3.x may potentially make changes to the database which 2.x versions are unable to read. If you wish to use the two versions simultaneously. we suggest you make backups of your database frequently.

Pulse 0 votos

Thanks Pulse... What if I only want to use the new Rekordbox 3? Is it safe to delete version 2.x? What is the recommended procedure to do it, without affecting database?

Arturo Monge 0 votos

Thanks, Pulse, for the complete and timely response

pope 0 votos

Yes, it is safe to delete 2.x - if you're on Windows you can use the uninstall procedure through the control panel. If you're on Mac you can simply go to the finder and then the Applications folder to delete it (or drag it to the trash). In either case, the rekordbox database will remain behind.

Pulse 0 votos

I am also looking at updating to R3 now, but I am still also running R2.1.1 an older version. If I update to R3 now, or in the future will that ever mean that the CDJs I use at clubs needs to have their firmware updated to match the R3 update I am using ? Just a bit paranoid that the playlists/cues/loops etc on my USB sticks will not be recognised on a CDJ with old firmware if I am using R3 to set them all up. Hope this makes sense. Cheers

Fabio Sereno 0 votos

The database should remain mostly backward-compatible, there was only one update ever which required that you update to have all features available. The data was still available, but the player simply warned that a newer firmware was available and recommended updating.

Pulse 0 votos

My PC crashed now I seem to have an datafile.edb wich is to old for the current version 5.2.0. So can't migrate my playlist to a new pc now. How can I Download an older version of Rekordbox?. Thanks

PK 0 votos

unfortunately it doesn't work. 2 years ago I changed the datafile.edb on my new pc with the one I saved on the old one.. all my playlists were there again. I have access to my old harddisk from my crashed computer now. I didnt safe my playlists through Rekordbox. Is there a way I can still get my playlists in the new downloaded version on my new laptop? thanks

PK 0 votos

@PK > Sorry, you'll just have to try a version that does work and then try to export a backup copy that you could restore in a newer version.

Pulse 0 votos