Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

1 seguidor Seguir

Rekordbox issue when importing tracks with changed track names (ver. 2.0.7 or higher)

hey,

I've got an issue concerning rekordbox since version 2.0.7 and I hope someone can help me solving this :) I only play wav files and I know that wav files can't write metadata but that's not the point for me... I use mixed in key before analyzing the tracks to the rekordbox library and I let mixed in key change the track names by writing key and bpm in front of the names... when I import these tracks to rekordbox 2.0.3 or to a lower version these changed track names are displayed in the "title" and in the "filename" and if I copy these files to my usb hard drive everything works fine and the changed track names are displayed finally on my cdj-900... it looks for example like this: "1A-148,99-artist plus track" (this is displayed in the "title" line of my cdj's).

...so far so good but when I analyze these tracks with changed names to rekordbox 2.0.7 or to a higher version (even to the new version 3.0) these changed track names aren't displayed in the "title" but only in the "filename" and if I copy these files to my usb hard drive my cdj's only display the original title of the track without for example "1A-148,99" what I want to have written before the original track names.

this is really annoying for me because I can't do any updates and work with current rekordbox versions so I still have to use version 2.0.3.

can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or why it isn't possible anymore to change track names before analyzing the tracks to rekordbox and display these changed names finally on the "title" line of my cdj's?

I would be really glad if someone can help :)

cheers,

yanik

Yanik

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

2 comentarios

My workflow suggestion - download the file, name it, analyze it with MiK, import it to rekordbox, make any necessary changes to the metadata within the database, export to devices.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Engineers have noted that they believe the WAV file you imported may have a RIFF tag. rekordbox only recently supported RIFF tags on WAV files. They suggest you try deleting the title and then reload the tags within rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink