Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox 3 Music Collection

I just updated to Rekordbox 3. And have a few questions...

1. Is it possible to browse a playlist and the collection simultaneously on different windows, just like in prior versions? For me it is very useful to have a playlist on a left window and the collection on a right window. What happens if Im on a playlist and want to search for a file in the collection, but still have a look and use the playlist? In other words, with older versions you could have two track list windows (ex. a playlist and the collection). Is it possible?

2. A track is playing, then I start browsing into another playslists. How do I catch that track in order to include it on a playlist when is no longer visible at the track list window?

3. Using two players. Can press play simultaneously to both players?

Besides my questions, this new version is a major and great upgrade!!

Thanks

Arturo Monge

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

10 comentarios

Regarding Question 1. Can I have two search boxes, one in a playlist and another one in the collection?

Arturo Monge 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

yeah, its annoying that the search stays when you go into playlists, I already panicked going into a playlist that showed it was blank, but it was only cause there was a few words in the search box from a collection search a while ago. it should clear once you go to a different area

BriChi 0 votos

agreed brichi, i've had a few scares and WTF moments with this so far

Phil 0 votos

1) Yes; multiple playlists can be visible above the collection window area.

2) Currently you'd have to go and find it in the collection but I've suggested to the engineers that they allow it to be dragged from the player to a playlist (like Serato allows).

3) Yes; simply assign two keyboard shortcuts.

Pulse 0 votos

Thank you Pulse. Regarding question 1. Can I have two windows with search boxes each, one in a playlist and another one in the collection? Just like 2.x versions allowed it with two windows? RB 3 only allows one track list window (with search box) and the upper Palette playlists?

Arturo Monge 0 votos

Just downloaded RB3 and the new features AND look are awesome.. however, I was prepping my playlist for my gig tomorrow and had the same issue that BriChi has. I hope this is just a bug and not permanent. I use RB live on my gigs and if I need to pull up a track quick, its only going to get annoying. I'm going to stick with 2.2.4 for a little bit. Hopefully the search feature works like 2.2 in the near future. Other than that issue, RB looks great!

Pete 0 votos

@Arturo > There is only one search box, sorry.

Pulse 0 votos

Pulse, if they leave it as 1 box, are they going to improve soon on the way searches are down more like Serato does, in other words CTRL+F ALWAYS brings you to a full collection search no matter where you are and once I click out of there into a playlist, the search is cleared automatically, Too many clicks have to be done right now in the current way,  Right now its pretty bad

BriChi 0 votos

I agree BriChi. CTRL+F should automatically bring you to the search field and clear it no matter where you are in RB. If I use this on a party the way it is now, I will only get frustrated.

Pete 0 votos

it definitely is frustrating, especially when you go to a playlist fast after a search you did a while back and all the tracks are gone and you panic, then you realize its still searching a track from COLLECTION that I obviously don't need anymore, guess the engineers don't do too many mobile gigs with RB, LOL

BriChi 0 votos