Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

External HDD 'Device Library Corrupted' - Can It Be Repaired?

I've just inserted my external HDD into Rekordbox 3.0 and its telling me my "Device library is corrupted - Do I want to delete the device library?"

Is this the CONTENTS folder on my HDD that needs deleting?

Is there any way of repairing it rather than deleting it?

If I delete it what will I lose?

Why do they get corrupted?

Using Macbook Pro OSX

Matt Cooper

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

11 comentarios

no unfortunately, I asked this a long time ago

if you accidentally unplug the drive before properly ejecting it it corrupts the library and you have to start over pretty much, format the drive and re-export

If you simply delete the database and start over now it duplicates all the tracks on the drive because it does not know they already exist

there should be a fall back or auto save you can resort to. I accidentally closed the lid and the drive ejected and now I had to start over, something as simple as that can ruin the database  

BriChi 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

That's ridiculous! Image if that happened when you were out djing and the HDD got pulled in the middle of set accidentally!!

What I might do is delete the CONTENTS folder. My music is located within other folders on the HDD and the location on Rekordbox routes to them anyhow.

Best leave it running overnight to put everything back on it again :(

Matt Cooper 0 votos

If you regularly sync with rekordbox, it's not a problem as all your cuepoints, memory points and playlists will be stored on your computer. Your device library is damaged and the easiest way to "repair" it is to put a fresh copy on the drive. Formatting the ENTIRE drive is recommended as you may have damaged other files or file allocation tables as well.

Pulse 0 votos

Pulse, you are forced to format the drive or all the files get duplicated on the next export. The issues is with a large library this takes up to an hour or 2 to re-export everything because the 1 database file becomes corrupt

BriChi 0 votos

Right...

deleted my contents folder from my HDD now

restored my library on rekordbox from a previous backup

and copied my playlists back onto my HDD.

Problem is is that the artwork and preview frequency bar doesnt appear (rekordbox 3) anymore.

In the backup folder, it has many files. The "datafile.backup.edb" is what I used to get all my music back, but there was another file called extdata.backup.edb which i tried restoring afterwards thinking that it may contain the artwork etc. but it just crashes my computer now and have to delete rekordbox 3 and re-install.

There was also a PIONEER folder in the rekordbox bak folder with an artwork folder but how do you get this back into rekordbox.

Also, what is the USBANLZ folder?

Matt Cooper 0 votos

The USBANLZ and Artwork folders (located at /users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox/PIONEER) are which store the artwork (duh) and waveform overviews.

Pulse 0 votos

Pulse,

How do I re-import the artwork and the waveforms (USBANLZ) back into my rekordbox? I'm hoping there are mapped rather manually inserting them 1 by 1? I restored everything from "datafile.backup.edb" but the artwork and waveforms are missing. My devices (external HDD) still show the waveforms and artwork but my COLLECTION and PLAYLISTS on my MAC do not show these :(

Matt Cooper 0 votos

Sorted it... I highlighted all the tracks, right clicked, then "analyze tracks" brings the waveforms back up then right click "reload tag" brings the artwork back up. Painstaking but now its all done...Phew!

Matt Cooper 0 votos