Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

1 seguidor Seguir

[SOLVED] Why does my filemanagement only work in version 2.0.3 and not in version 3.0?

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it! And it is not the only time I invested in providing you with feedback. I'm used to it being a Windows user, but will your reply meet up to those standards of sharing information so we both get better of it?

1) Operating System: Windows 7 Pro and ultimate

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 2.0.3 / 3.0

4) Using LINK: Yes

** 4b) Using with CDJs*: CDJ900NXS (Latest Firmware)

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: Yes. And Rekordbox 3.0 calls them corrupt or missing but cannot relocate them. RB 2.0.3 calls them missing but can relocate them. That solves the problem for RB 3.0 too

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors
: Yes

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem
: Yes and I took my time for it. Doing fresh installs, cleaning registry, only one version installed, two versions installed, (cleanup steps in between every install) Old one first then new, new one first then old. No difference.

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes

**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only
: Workstation is a HP XW8600 with two Intel Xeon QuadCore processors and 8GB RAM

**Provide as much detail of the issue here
*:

I can manage my files from an iTunes .XML library in v.2.0.3 and import playlists from the iTunes library or via import under file menu. v3.0 Can only be used for scanning complete folder structures and as link application to my CDJ900NXS. The older version of Rekordbox 2.0.3 provides me with no technical issues in the workflow I developped over time. RB 3.0 brings me nothing but trouble so far.

I recently purchased the 900NXSes based on the good experience with the 900's. I have to move from Scratch Live to pioneer and Recordbox but I will not be able to spend weeks or even hours of recreating my playlists and finding conversion solutions for something that once worked. It's already a sorry thing that VDJ finds my SL crates but Pioneers solution can't import them. Now the new version of Rekordbox can't even import the collection from the player I use to manage that collection.

I run 2.0.3 as a normal user with admin rights. I run 3.0 now as and admin only application (startup with UAC).

ShonkaiDJ

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

10 comentarios

There are some users currently reporting issues with the XML bridge, am I correct in understanding that's where you have the problems?

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Yes. Correct. Also in importing my .m3u playlists that seamlessly imported in the earlier version. While reading about it I imported it it into Traktor and then exported from Traktor, just to make sure....but that export did not import into Rekordbox 3 either. I just added a comment about slow reading of playlists (http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/80424673-3-0-Sync-manager-checking-playlist-takes-a-long-time-to-load) because it feels like these things are related. I noticed my older version is really quick in analyzing newly imported tracks (through my playlists) compared to the new version.

If I move a new playlist from the iTunes library to the Rekordbox playlists, close the old application and open 3.0, then the playlists are presented. That's how I know the analysis takes more time in the new version.

As I said in the mentioned thread. The looks and feel of the new version is very promising. So please keep up the good work. Thanks for the quick reply.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

The engineers are looking into these issues and hopefully will have a fix soon. Thanks for your additional info and patience!

Pulse 0 votos

Thanks again. i can still play around in 2.2.4 now. Also works fine. Just eager to find out everything of the 3.0 version and then find out what the Kuvo connection will bring. I think i like the Zendesk environment too...thanks sofar.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

I'm sorry to inform you in this way that the 3.0.1 update did not solve the problem. I still can't work with the iTuneslibrary.xml database that works flawless in RB 2.2.4. If you like I could upload the file for you to check anything odd about it. From here I don't have much testing options to my availability. All i know is that the behaviour on my workstation can be reproduced on my Laptop (also windows 7 x64, Dualcore, 4GB)

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

Hey Mr. Pulse...I just realized: could you ask your technicians what security group rights should be set for the iTunes library in a working situation? That could very well be my problem. At least it is my experience with professional editing software that is network based.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

Ok, well, I tried some tricks but it just might not be my problem.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

I have solved the problem for myzelf now. The problem seems to be somewhere in the header of the .xml file. It used to look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Major Version</key><integer>1</integer>

<key>Minor Version</key><integer>1</integer>

<key>Application Version</key><string>7.6</string>

<key>Features</key><integer>5</integer>

<key>Show Content Ratings</key><true/>

<key>Tracks</key>

<dict>

After which the tracks in the library show up. This format .xml can be read by Rekordbox up to version 2.2.4. In the new Rekordbox it needs to look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Major Version</key><integer>1</integer>

<key>Minor Version</key><integer>1</integer>

<key>Date</key><date>25-8-2014</date>

<key>Application Version</key><string>11.3.1</string>

<key>Show Content Ratings</key><true/>

<key>Features</key><integer>5</integer>

<key>Music Folder</key><string>file://localhost/M:/Mijn%20Muziek/MP3/</string>

<key>Library Persistent ID</key><string>3C77DF9044A32928</string>

<key>Tracks</key>

<key>Tracks</key>

<dict>

As you may notice there is only a slight difference between the two. But somewhere in that slight difference there is a demand from Rekordbox to find some peace of (unused) information that stops Rekordbox from reading any further. That is why it doesn't work. So nothing about the metadata used in this .XML is the showstopper. As soon as the header looks like this, the rest of my library will be read.

I first discovered this by installing the horrifying iTunes and compare the files. I copied the header info in Notepad ++ and all worked fine in 3.0.1. After that I ajusted the script I'm using to create the .XML and now it is working again.

Maybe pioneer does not want it to be open and flexible, maybe this is just something that happened during the proces of programming the new build, starting from scratch as mentioned so often. I would like to see the reason why this header information is being made so important. It would mean that if iTunes decided to change the header (which they did somewhere between 2007 and now), Rekordbox can't read the .XML anymore.

So rather I would like to see Rekordbox not stopping on unimportant header information. I hope this helps making a better product. it took me quite some time to figure it out. I really hope you are as client minded as you make it look like.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

SOLVED!

Dear Pulse: in version 3.2.1 all problems have been solved! Not only has the crashing stopped after syncing 'my' iTunes playlist a second time (it would work a first time!), not only has it stopped crashing on exit, it also has stopped crashing on opening of the sync manager.

I've just used the sync manager for the very first time! In two directions! After which I was able to exit the program without problems. Big up and cheerio! As I said somewhere else: lots of good to say about you personally! Thanks for being the stayer you are!

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

Awesome - glad to hear it's working! I'll mark this thread as solved - if any issues related to this arise in future, please start a new topic and link back to this one for reference.

Pulse 0 votos