Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

6 seguidores Seguir

Play/Pause green light is off!!

After a year and a half, owning two cdj2000s, the green light in one of the two cdjs is off.

I turn on the cdj and for a minute the green light stays on when I load a track. After turns off and is never on again!

Cdj2000 works fine, just the light is off.

Is there a way to fix it myself ??? cause for fixing the light I wont bother take it back to the engineers.

Dimitris

Dream Treez

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

23 comentarios

No, not because "so many people are having this issue", it's because it's not a terribly common issue and the parts simply aren't available.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Pulse you know I side with you on everything usually but we have 6 cdj2000's in constant rotation every week and I have replaced boards in 4 of the 6 already because of this issue and of those 4, a board has already went bad again. I am holding off on buying the new board until I know the issue is fixed. I showed you the video where I can easily shift the led around on the board and it cuts in and out which means they either got a bad shipment of LED's used in that batch or bad solder contacts on the board itself. Hardly anyone I know that uses a product is on the products forum so just because it's not mentioned a lot here doesn't mean its not happening, they are just not on the forum to mention it. 

BriChi 0 votos

@brichi, thanks for the info.

I have one more question.
If I leave it like that, without fixing the green light, is there gonna be any problems later on with play/pause functionality?

Dream Treez 0 votos

the play button will always work fine, its just the LED or contact to LED that is the issue, the switch that controls the actual play/pause of the song is separate. Mine has been out for at least a year but it does not affect the actual playing of the deck or use of that button

BriChi 0 votos

Again, given the total number of reported problems vs. the total number of units shipped, this is a rare occurrence.

Pulse 0 votos

I guess i just got the really shitty end of the rare occurrences, lol

BriChi 0 votos

Well as you say, if it was a bad batch, and you bought them all in close proximity, then it's more likely.

Pulse 0 votos

exactly, I did buy them all very close together, within a month or 2

BriChi 0 votos

I' tend to disagree that its not a common issue - several of the ppl on the forum that bought these early have encountered it and now myself included! Not really good enough in my opinion for the money. 2 years on we're no further on really hardware or software wise...

cdjbasile 0 votos

Yeah, I wish they would cover stuff like this out of warranty, I have already spent over $100 in boards to fix a damn LED in $1800 players

BriChi 0 votos

@Pulse, I bought my cdj2000s at same time so I think they were from the same batch.

So if that batch was faulty, should pioneer recall all units back and replace or give lifetime warranty for the green light issue ??

@BriChi, thanks a lot man for answering my questions. Take care :)

Dimitris

Dream Treez 0 votos

It's not my position to declare something as "faulty" and repaired in or out of warranty; you'll have to contact technical support with your issue.

Pulse 0 votos

Since today I've got the exact same problem.. the led on the  play/pause button does not work anymore..

I will send it back for repair but damn.. it''s just a led but still..

Benno Revelli 0 votos

I had the same problem this entire week! but for some kind of weird reason I noticed it's working again :D

F!RMWAR3 0 votos

mine too!! The green light is on again.. weird stuff !!

Merry Christmas 

Dream Treez 0 votos

It's my Christmas present to you @Dream Treez. ;)

Might still be good to get it checked if you have the ability soon.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Foster 0 votos

@Foster thank you so much :)

To be honest my warranty is off, but either way even if I could return it for free,

I wouldn't bother send it to the technicians for just fixing the green light.

Since play/pause functions OK, I wont give it for a month so that they fix the light.

Anyways now the light is working again!! :)   

Dream Treez 0 votos

Very weird that yours is working again as well haha ;) it now matches my Christmas tree again!

Merry Christmas everyone! 

F!RMWAR3 0 votos

yeah, that'll happen, Mine has it's good days and bad, the best is when it strobes really fast, it's like having a free add on light show on the deck

BriChi 0 votos

My 2000s were from the first batch too,owned them since the came out but thank god,they havent developed this problem. I know its a mere LED but we all paid top dollar for this so we can expect a certain standard and lifetime of the overall product

Sid Viscious 0 votos

hey guys, just an fyi, If your deck is out of warranty and you are handy, just solder a new LED on, I was going to buy the part but it's $50 with shipping which is ridiculous to spend for a dead LED especially since i already had to replace the board before, so i ran to RadioShack and purchased a new 3mm green led, desoldered the blown one and installed the new one, good to go for $1.50, Save $48 :)

BriChi 0 votos