Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

[SOLVED] CDJ-900 Comments display in track info?

Hi, I am wondering if its possible to display comments for a loaded track on the CDJ-900 in the same way a CDJ-2000 can? I've got the comments in the sort options for my hard drive on rekordbox but cannot find a way to display the comments on the CDJ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ben Townsend

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

8 comentarios

This is one of my pet hates about the cdj 900. The comments section is character limited and does not scroll like on the 2000's. I think this has been raised before although i cant see pioneer changing this as it is seen as a minor gripe compared to some of the other issues.

Hopefully now that MT is much improved the engineers can spend more time considering and working out how to impliment changes like this.

-ExistenZ- 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I agree that there needs to be a proper way of checking Comments for tracks on the 900.  I am just getting into Rekordbox and it would help a lot with my cataloging of music if I can view comments for tracks even before loading the track.  Like in the file browser on the cdj-900, it would be great to have the comments beside the track, and even taking up more space than the track name itself.  If I'm browsing through my comments, I'd like the comments to be the focus of that particular browsing style.

Actually, right now, I did a test and loaded a track onto my USB which I added some comments to, and I can't even see those comments on my 900!  I load the track, play it, then scroll down the screen, expecting to see comments... but nothing.

Anyways, it would be great to have the Comment display tightened up.

Thanks,

Todd 0 votos

@Todd > Have you enabled the Comments field in rekordbox on the device?

Gavin 0 votos

@Gavin: actually, I just updated my 900's to the latest firmware, and that seems to have fixed the problem.  The readme for the latest update did not mention anything about this issue, so I was surprised that it was fixed.  I urge all CDJ-900 owners to update, if needing to see Comments is important to them.

Thanks, Gavin!  I've only tried to copy/display Comment information once before I had to wipe my USB drive, so I will give it another go and come back to this thread if there is still a problem. 

Todd 0 votos

@Todd How did you get the comments section to come up in the track info screen? I've updated to 4.20 but still cant figure it out!

Ben Townsend 0 votos

@Ben: That is strange that it is not working for you on v4.20... okay, here is how I got it working.  Hope it works for you.

1] Update cdj-900's to latest firmware (which you've done)

2] Open Rekordbox and add Comments to some tracks

3] In the "Devices" section (on the left-side of Rekordbox), select the USB device you want to export to

4] Click on the device.  You will see some info about the device, as well as several tabs on the right-side of the screen

5] Click the Sort tab on the right-side

6] Add "Comments" to the list by highlighting it on the "Inactive Sort Options", then clicking the right-arrow to move it to the "Active Sort Options"

7] Export the tracks with Comments to the device and load it on your CDJ!

I won't go into detail as to how to show Comments on the CDJ.  But if you want, I can list the steps there, too.

If any Pioneer person is reading, there is a BIG confusion with setting individual USB options (such as Active Sort Options) and those in Rekordbox's Preferences.  Why there are two locations with the same options/settings, I have no idea.  It introduces a lot of confusion, as there is no differentiation between the Rekordbox Preferences and a Device Preference... unless I am not understanding something.

Anyways, Ben, hope that helped.  Pop another note in here if it's still messing up for you. 

Todd 0 votos

@Todd

Can you explain or link to an article showing how to display comments directly on the 900? I have added it in Rekordbox but can't get it to show up on the display when I plug my USB in. 

Sean Little 0 votos

The comments field is not displayed on the CDJ900 unless you are using that as a browse / sort criteria.

Pulse 0 votos