Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

10 seguidores Seguir

what cdj 2000 nexus features can we expect in the cdj 2000

leaving hardware and other dj software (serato, traktor, etc.) out of this equation.. and especially apple.

what can we, cdj 2000 mk1 users expect to see in the next firmware update for the cdj 2000 mk1 that is clearly derived from the cdj 2000 nexus?

now obviously, there is this whole hardware difference, and money issue. this topic is not about that. it's about cdj 2000 nexus features that can be incorporated to the cdj 2000 mk1.

i believe this question is valid for 2 reasons.

1. there is no mystery, suspense, or breakthrough in technology that other companies may want to copy. all the features are out in the open in the cdj 2000 nexus.
  2. it would bring a piece of mind to me going crazy in regards to the absurdity release of a hardware that i believe stole the software from my device.

and from you cdj 2000 mk1 owners.. i want your opinion on what specific cdj 2000 nexus features you would appreciate incorporated the most. try to focus on just one. please do take the new cdj 2000 nexus buttons into consideration. clearly, those and anything related to those cannot be added.

dj shahar

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

17 comentarios

as mentioned above.. focus on one thing and one thing alone.

the wave form..that's about it for me. forget everything else.. just the wave form. and it doesn't even need to be stere or multi colored. but the zoom is obviously essential. so that's 1 for wave form with zoom.

dj shahar 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Seriously, why is everyone so obsessed with the waveform? I would much rather have autoloading hotcues

Dj Daywalker 0 votos

I hope Pioneer will update the prolink function. I'm considering to buy one nxs to link to my cdj2000 but i'll do that once i'm sure about full support. It will be great to use nxs like a master and keep synced  others cdj2000s. Obiouvsly cdj2000s will operate only in slave mode but it's ok...

Also the slip mode is really usefull (in slave mode as well)...

Honestly I can live without wave form..... We have rekordbox for that...

paula fincht 0 votos

would love to know how many of us users are actually club / pub dj's - as i for one dont really want to take a pair of cdjs, a mixer and a laptop out with me out to a club or pub... i worry enough about my decks let alone my laptop too! Everything is saved / exported to a usb drive - at 100gbp im not so bothered about that being fed a pint of beer or something not considered part of its food chain!

From my post i dont use rekordbox out live, so waveforms and auto-loading hot cues would be nice, lifted from the usb drive... the cdj's have a proper lcd so its only a question of re-modelling the screen, unlike the 900s or 850s that have pre-set dot matrix displays!  Alll down to if pioneer have the budget to develop the cdj2000 some more!?!?!

Matt Jackson 0 votos

I dont think there is any chance that new features will be added to the CDJ2000 mk1 - least of all the waveform!

I think the best you can hope for is that the bugs are ironed out so that the unit performs correctly as advertised, although I think link support to the NXS is about as much as you will get.

Looshus 0 votos

I seriously doubt much will be added to the 2000, They will add the bare minimum to get it to work nice with the Nexus if they are paired together, THats my opinion of course. Why would they add key Nexus features to the 2000mk1? obviously then, no one would by the Nexus, Its like Apples iphone 4 vs 4s, we all know Siri can work on the 4 but why would apple add the feature to the 4? then no one would buy the 4S

BriChi 0 votos

i spose its all wishful thinking and hope that the cdj2000 had a bit more lift in it... the nexus is quite a jump in tech if you take past mk upgrades into account with the cdj1000... Some of the software things you would think could be carried over, but then there maybe some HW issues preventing it... or quite simply time to move on from the old flagship player to the next one.

For me, im more than happy using the cdj2000... yes the nexus has some nice features but they dont warrant selling perfectly good player for - for then to go thrugh the same buggy issues we have endured for the last 3yrs... one would hope the nexus range has built on from the 2000s and will provide the user with a better player / user experiance... cant say its been al that good considering we are talking flagship here!

Alas, the clubs are yet to jump on the 2000s... in many situations the 1000s are still common place - maybe that will change with the latest model, being that considerable time has past, time for the aged 1000 to be taken out of service... remembering clubs are in this to make money, not spend huge amounts on technology that in many cases is unproven unlike the bedroom boys or those wanting to stay at the cutting edge!

Matt Jackson 0 votos

I think that it's normal that Pioneer follows market rules so it's clear that you will never have full nxs features on your cdj2000 updating his firmware. Any Company have to sell his products or they will go out of businnes.

From the other hand we are living in a crisis time and a lot of djs and clubs can't afford a completly new nxs consolle. May be top clubs do, but we are talking about a few users.  To be successfull this kind of product have to aim to an extended maket.

So I think that Pioneer have to be interested in settling a quite good compatibility between nxs and cdj2000s.

Think about it.... if buying a new nxs  you could be able to share some of his features with your old cdj2000s, you will try out all new "goodies" and probably you will enjoy them. At the end you will probably buy another one selling your old gears.

Instead If your cdjs are not going to be compatible with nexus or you are going to share only songs via prolink, you will never be pushed to buy the new one. Probably you will stand on your cdjs or, if you need it,  you will buy another used 2000 (if you have not a bunch of bucks for a new consolle).

This is just my opinion! We will see.... ;-)

paula fincht 0 votos

Expect nothing, then Pioneer won't disappoint you.

Effect 0 votos

These features "Auto Cue, Hot Cue Auto Load, Quantize, Active Loop, Master Tempo" should work on a CDJ2000 same as the nexus one.

Also full support to connect cdj2000mk1 and cdj2000nxs via Link.

But I agree with Effect, expect nothing, then Pioneer won't disappoint you.

Dream Treez 0 votos

If you open support page on Pioneer DJ website it says:

Notification for CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 owners

To coincide with the launch of the CDJ-2000nexus, Pioneer will commence a CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 firmware update from end of October.

This update will make it possible to avoid certain feature restrictions when connecting the CDJ-2000nexus and CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 via LAN.

Scheduled download start date  :  End of October, 2012

Download site  :   http://pioneerdj.com/support/

Version information  :  Ver. 4.20

Update content  :  Eliminates feature restrictions when connecting CDJ-2000nexus and CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 via LAN

I am not sure what it means... "make it possible to avoid CERTAIN feature restrictions when connecting the CDJ-2000nexus and CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 via LAN". But I think that a little of good will of Pioneer with old customers and we could have auto loading on hot cues and hopefully some small fixes we have been waiting forever now...

@ Effect > after waiting 6 months for last firmware release that fixed nothing I was expecting but a "OCCASIONAL noise caused by a PARTICULAR mp3 file" (lol) I won't be expecting much more mate

Stroboscope 0 votos

When Pioneer announced the CDJ-900 & 2000 I didn't understand, why there's no slipmode on 2000's ...

By the years I hoped, that it will be included by an Firmwareupdate. And now, it's a good chance for Pioneer to update the 2000mk1 with this feature. And if they try to excuse, cause the needed knobs ar not there, it will be a shame. -> for example the needle-search pad offers a lot of possibilities to control (hot)cues, loops, slipmode, .....

So, with implement Main-Features in a cheaper model and leave it away from "the flagship" to tempt to buy a new Player like the nexus, Pioneer kick the customers in their ass...

Don't put dozens of different Players & Controlers on the market, but make "one" thing to get right!

Turntable.DJ 0 votos

I doubt we'll see many (if any) features from the Nexus come over to the 2000 mk1

It would be cool to see the 'user settings' feature be implemented, as well as auto-loading cues and more quantization. 

Not sure why people are so hung up on the waveform feature, so many laptop DJs just stare at their screen the whole time they dj, and don't engage the crowd, that's what's gonna happen with all the Nexus users too (woo look at the pretty waveforms) - part of the reason why I still use CDJs and no laptop. I like to look at my crowd.

If you know your music, and know how to beatmatch, there's very little you're going to gain from buying a Nexus if you already own a MK1 

Nate Schilman 0 votos

really the one feature I would like to see there are 2 but the big one for me. would be able to have the option to trigger cue point that are quantized to the tracks tempo. (not the master) say you have a track playing on cdj-1 and you go to trigger cue A on cdj-1, I would like to be able to cue it in time to the song that is playing on the cdj-1. dosent have to match across to the other cdjs just itself would be great.

the other thing I would love is auto load cue points when you load a track.

Scott Kilpatrick 0 votos

There's one feature I'd like to see independently on what the nexus can do: a stable, 100% reliable player working as advertised. This encompasses random freezes, random stop-n-go, link errors, etc.

Apart from that, the possibility to auto-load hot cues would be nice.

When will we get an open source CDJ, so users can take back control of the products they buy and implement the features they want?

julienx2k2 0 votos

I would like to have a emergency loop on the old cdj 2000, and just make everything better working.

gr niels

DJ Lionbeat 0 votos

Ok so have we this topic beaten to death yet? Look, I know what you guys are asking and I've relayed all that to the engineers to see what is possible.

Gavin 0 votos