Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

11 seguidores Seguir

Cdj 2000 nxs can't adjust tempo during sync on

Found out another bug when messing about with my cdjs today, that when I turned of sync on one deck and loaded a new track on it I couldn't adjust or reset tempo on the cdj, all was wired up using pro link through LAN, reloaded the track another two times and then was able to adjust the bpm.
This is with the original firmware any suggestions if I should update to the new firmware kinda worries about it causing more problems.

Djcgamble

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

25 comentarios

I've used 1.04 for some time now.. it is okay to use but does not actually do much in terms of bug improving.

If you are really worried I would suggest waiting for the next FW update.. it should come sooner then later especially with the MANY complaints and problems with the CDJ-2000Nexus 

F!RMWAR3 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I have this issue too, on the pioneer videos it shows the change of pitch whilst in sync. Also if you turn sync off it takes ages to be able to change pitch, frustrating!

DigitalRogue 0 votos

Its the same here , there is a delay when you turn sync off, bit of a pain

djsd 0 votos

I found that flipping the tempo slider from the top to bottom fast causes it to get out of the tempo lock, this can be annoying while playing a song or if another is about to take over as master.

Kyle McDaniel 0 votos

@ Kyle - That's what i have been doing - i thought it was meant to be like that!

Andy Beech 0 votos

@kyle I tried moving the pitch slider up and down and does work on occasions but not all the time.
@Andy Beech can't see this been the way it's meant to be.just another bug I'm afraid.

Djcgamble 0 votos

Yes, it's meant to be like that. It's a soft pickup mode not a bug.

Phil 0 votos

Think they would of just let you press tempo reset and gave the tempo rest that way,thanks for the comment phil will go have a mess about now.

Djcgamble 0 votos

You sure phil? So once you knock off sync its stuck on the same bpm ?even when you adjust the pitch slider

djsd 0 votos

I also noticed this f*cked up behavior when disabling sync.. It should go back to the original track BPM and be able to be controlled with the pitch slider again right?.. well It does not work :/

Will 0 votos

Turning sync off wont return to the bpm to the current position of the pitch fader. You need to move the pitch fader to a bpm below the synced bpm to regain normal control of the fader.

Phil 0 votos

I'm not a sync user but have had a play around with it and it foxed me at first, initially it's counter intuitive but really it's smart programming from pioneer. A traktor using mate of mine wishes NI would implement it, it prevents accidental train wrecks by turning sync off during a mix.

Phil 0 votos

Don't use the damn sync! LoL just kidding. Well i tryed out and if you want to release the tempo from sync, just put it to maximum and back to normal, and it comes back again to the mp3 which is loaded..

Anastasio 0 votos

"A traktor using mate of mine wishes NI would implement it, it prevents accidental train wrecks by turning sync off during a mix. "

I use Traktor and if you turn off sync during a mix, the pitch don't jump to an old value, it stays at the value of the sync. Pioneer is not smart. Sorry.

Pioneer tried to put Traktor in the nexus and they failed....

Galipao 0 votos

@ galipao - what happens if you turn off the sync and then touch the tempo slider, i think it suddenly jumps to the new vlaue. i'm not a traktor user but i think this was what my mate was referring to, the 'smart' takeover behaviour. it's used on quite a lot of hardware synths so when you open up a new patch and move a knob or slider, the value doesn't suddenly jump to the new value and making a mess of the sound.

Phil 0 votos

In timecode mode (cdj+ cd) you have to move the pitch slider until it reaches the value in traktor and so the pitch slider of the cdj take control of the pitch in traktor (hope i'm clear). 

On the NI forum no CDJ users (timecode and HID) seems to have problems with pitch value. Maybe your friend has a problem of configuration.

Pioneer is not smart programming, all the functions in Nexus are in Traktor since years and work . And when you see all the bugs on the Nexus, Pioneer is really not smart.....Just for the story.

Galipao 0 votos

perhaps that is is the problem my mate suffers from, i'll pass your info on to him, thanks.

Traktor is still riddled with bugs and problems too, just take a look at the forum it's full of people having problems and their update to 2.0 was a huge disaster. It seems no-one can launch a product without a lot of bugs nowadays. shame.

Phil 0 votos

As a long time traktor user i can say its never had any massive bugs that cant be worked around, unlike the new generation cdjs. Their uncomparable in my opinion

cdjbasile 0 votos

Traktor have some small bugs. Nexus have massives bugs. And NI is much more reactive than Pioneer. The 2.5 release was a little much bugged, the 2.5.1 came quickly. The 2.6 is not perfect cause nothing is perfect. Excepted an old cdj 1000. Yes it was perfect !!!

The real problem is not the bugs on the Nexus, it's the silence of Pioneer and the time to have a new firmware. Hardware is great but software is buggy.   

Galipao 0 votos

@ cdjbasile - the nexus also has work arounds. i converted my recent playlists to AIFF, about 200 or so tracks that i'm playing at the moment. it was fully automated via itunes and kept all the metadata/artwork etc. it took maybe an hour or so to tweak the beatgrids after importing them into RB and i've not had a single problem since despite plenty of use over the last 2 weeks.

obviously this isn't a proper solution, nor an option for everyone but it is a work around and it will work until the new firmware is ready.

Phil 0 votos

As already stated the Decks are meant to do this. You just move the slider either + or - to it meets the ''Synced'' BPM then it resets. What good would the ''Auto Sync'' feature be if you could accidently knock the slider and ruin the mix. 

Come on Guys have any of you actually read the operating manual... Print it from your PC it's on the Reckordbox installation CD cause some of you are clearly confused. 

wesley j 0 votos

@Phil yes, but at £3000 for a set of decks it really shouldnt need them! A copy of traktor and an s2 cost me £300...

cdjbasile 0 votos

you are totally correct cdjbasile, for the price there should not be the need for work arounds.

Phil 0 votos