Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

CDJ2000nexus Firmware update delay.

@ Pioneer - and you wonder why we, on the forum, are pissed off?

Once again you Pioneer, have let us down. You quote a firm date and then rescind on it.

Today is the last day of November which is your last opportunity to keep to your word regarding the firmware update for the djm2000 - will it happen? I, like many others will be more than a little surprised if it does.

USELESS....................

Andy Hebberd

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

12 comentarios

Not sure what this has to do with the CDJ 2000?

Phil 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

@ Phil. 

If you read the sticky announcement at the top of this section of the forum then maybe you will understand............

Andy Hebberd 0 votos

ah, i hadn't seen it. i just thought you'd posted in the wrong forum...

i'd rather it be delayed a week than release something that isn't 100% though...

Phil 0 votos

Well - I'm waiting for both these updates and tbh I do not know how I am holding my patience having spent so much money on a mixer + decks that do not work correctly.

These 2 updates will make my final decision on whether to get rid of all my Pioneer gear and move on to other reputable companies.

I hope you read this Pioneer because if these updates do not fix this equipment then you have lost a customer that has bought ALL your "Pro gear" for the last 13 years.

Leee 0 votos

@ Phil - You just don't get it do you?

Of course we all want the update to be 100% but why quote a date and then not keep to it. This is precisely why people are upset and consequently posting remarks which are not to the liking of the mods.......................  

Andy Hebberd 0 votos

@Andy - Actually, I'm quite the opposite here.

I get annoyed when Pioneer tell us nothing. They've traditionally told us nothing because if they can't give us information that isn't concrete and that information isn't accurate, people like you bite their heads off. What we've got now is at least progress, although some improvement could be made on Pioneer's end. Sometimes development slips slightly.

Perhaps Pioneer could do with being a bit more generic with their release dates: "we hope to release an update on 10th December" or "we hope to release an update in the second week in December", rather than saying "There will be an update on Monday 3rd" and then people getting annoyed when dates slip.

Then again, having a target date (but not necessarily a release date) is reassuring for a lot of people. I don't want to lose that, even if the date isn't 100% accurate all the time. It gives us an idea of how large the problem is, how complex it is, and roughly how long we can expect to be kept waiting for the fix. Based on this, it gives us some idea of whether or not our issue(s) are included in this particular update, and helps us make decisions on whether to ride out the problems for the short term or whether we need a plan B to tide us over in the meantime.

MouseAT 0 votos

I should perhaps add that I have enough experience with software development to realize that if a release date for a critical yet complex update is listed as over a month away then that date MAY be subject to change. That doesn't make the initial estimated release date any less useful to me.

MouseAT 0 votos

@ Andrew, I'm with you on this one. This new level of communication is much better from pioneer.

Phil 0 votos

Pioneer just can't win with some users lately, We all complained of lack of communication and lack of "when there will be an update", etc......, they finally start telling people release dates which is great and may have found an issue that will delay it a week, not a month or 2 months, a week, and you guys are pissed, This is why they chose back then NOT to tell us stuff like this because if they miss it by a couple of days the users are pissed, if they force the fw out on the 3rd because of a promise and we find a major flaw, then we complain that they shouldn't have released it till it was ready, so either way it's a lose lose for them and some users will never be happy (unless we get an error free deck from the release)

in my opinion, and you all know I have issues with the decks and want this fw asap, I will patiently wait the week knowing that something new might have been found and that they need to get it fixed before we infect our decks with it! 

Good job Pioneer on the recent communication letting us know what is going on

BriChi 0 votos

PLEASE STOP THE WHINING. there is a update coming out...  you should be happy there will be a update for the djm...

+1 on what brichi says : Good job Pioneer on the recent communication letting us know what is going on!!!!!

TROPIC CLOSED FOR COMMENTS

TheOne 0 votos

I think we all understand it. Pioneer is doing good giving us dates but the problem that annoys most of us is the lack of speed in the progress of making firmware updates.  I Really hope they launch the djm update soon!  I already missed it yesterday on one of my biggest gigs this year ;) can't wait on the nexus update for our decks

Jack EDM 0 votos

Look, Pioneer gave a date. Only in the last few hours Pulse and I got an email - there's a bug they're working on and, unfortunately, they've had to postpone the release. It's in Pioneers best interest to release updates - any logical reasoning could see that. But this is exactly the reason Pioneer never have release dates in the past. If you're in the business of programming, you know how things work.

And finally, the engineers constantly read the forums for feedback. Please have some respect for the hard work they are doing.

Gavin 0 votos