Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

5 seguidores Seguir

[CLOSED] Sync dont sync very well!

Hi,

I'm dj and music producer since many years,

I use vinyls, cdjs, traktor+ controllers X1 and F1

I recently bought 2 cdj 2000 nexus units + dim 900nxs.

I know how to mix by ear it's not an issue for me at all.

I know how to set perfect girds too ... love to use both worlds depending on my mood :P

Found it weird that sync dont work well with a perfectly manually adjusted beatgird on the highest zoom level, it should be some issues with the 2 units sending bad midi clock, at some moment  it is drifting for a second or tow then come synced...

I assume the system is using midi time code not midi clock since it's showing phase... mtc should be rocking solid on a 100 mbps lan ..

Im really optimistic since I know this will be corrected with a recent firmware...

For the moment I m using beatmatch by ear with those units...

Amine Jouirou

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

8 comentarios

it's been a while since I signal this problem, but still no solution.

the clock is not stable, it happens especially as an active loop is played.

the master switch to the other player, and a micro shift occurs.

as I do not go on an active loop is better.

no problem with Hotcue loop, because the master does not move.

rakksy 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

+1 for the loop

it really lost sync while theres a perfect loop running, weird!

Just got those units yesterday

Amine Jouirou 0 votos

"it really lost sync while theres a perfect loop running, weird!"

Not to open another can of worms but almost like the roll effect on the DJMs.  a perfectly timed 4 beat roll always drifts too...

walter_white 0 votos

Wow - all 1000000% spot on with these comments. I've been away from the forums for a bit but posted about literally EACH of these issues countless times when I first picked up the 2000nxs. Really disenchanting to see still nothing has been done about it. Someone from Pio really needs to read this very simple thread and do something about these issues. I feel as though my posts from back in the day were lost in a storm of retorts from other members claiming user error. Take two minutes to record a "synced" transition into separate tracks in any DAW and every point made above gets proven out. As for active loops, someone who's never listened to music before could tell you they drift miserably. That feature breaks my heart.

Fox 0 votos

we still screaming in an empty desert!

I'll try to record some videos  mixing with tractor in HID mode using Real traktor sync, then with same tracks using Fake Pioneer sync :)

Amine Jouirou 0 votos

Its gone beyond a joke at this stage Beat grids are aligned perfectly and its still very very poor. Then if I use a loop a train wreck would sound better not good enough for such an expensive player. 

djsd 0 votos

hi amine - i think the problem is the difficulty in setting accurate beatgrids in rekordbox, not the sync feature. i've often set beatgrids that look perfect but then don't sound perfect on the cdj.

i now analyse all my beatgrids in traktor and the import the grids into rekordbox (via rekordbuddy) and now sync works just as well on the cdj as it ever did in traktor.

Phil 0 votos