Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

7 seguidores Seguir

[CLOSED] CDJ 900 Nexus - First Experience?

So, guys, who already have new CDJ 900 Nexus players? What can you tell us? Any bugs, any problems, stability issues - or all seems to be good? Please, tell us!

Alex Tyugaev

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

24 comentarios

I am interested too,

I was thinking about buying a pair of CDJ2000NXS but now I'm thinking about 900NXS...want to save some money :)

John Hagen 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I know they out but not really hearing much about them. Not even the namm 2014 you didn't hear much about them. Is either two reason I think we not hearing or seeing much about them. #1 becuz there new ddj sz is getting more play right now. That's taking all the attention. Or #2 since pioneer has a bad rep on firmware issue. People are a little spectacle to buy these. Who knows! Serato and pioneer are taking over!

Steven V 0 votos

I'm going with #2 also, a few friends of mine were going to dump their 850s and upgrade, they are waiting though due to the bad rep of new FW

BriChi 0 votos

sorry for noob question, what is ddj sz?

some links are possible? I'm interested...

John Hagen 0 votos

yeah I see now, it's a kind of controller by pioneer.

but if you can't find the exactly one in the club you're playing what's the point to buy one?

isn't it too big to travel with?

John Hagen 0 votos

It's a shame too. These player look really hot I would love to own a pair and ditch the laptop. Don't want to drop all these money and be a lab rat for pioneer. Lol they take very very long time to fix firmware. Ask brichi he would know best. Lol. I picked up the ddj sr so am happy for now. Just waiting for a rekordbox controller all in one :)

Steven V 0 votos

ok, thanks steven & brichi,

I know now it is better to wait a little before buying new 900NXS...

will watch this forum for bugs and OS support.

best

HGN

John Hagen 0 votos

I love mine like.... usin rekordbox box app from my phone makes em waaaaay better than traktor as don't have to wait for laptop or anythin BUT I do love traktor and the FX and havin maschine to bang out extra drums... Which made me try to use HID mode and I was gutted to find they don't work....

I mean I missed the feel of just mixin (the music I play is good enough so I don't need extra fx n maschine ;-) haha)

so that's why I got em and the looping and beat mashup buttons etc are amazin...

Proper diggin em if ur cdj's u will not be disappointed but if ur afta the expensive traktor controllers these don't work....

Steve Omac 0 votos

Hi Steve,

may I ask you another question?

what do you think, if I learn mixing on CDJ900NXS, should I be fine on CDJ2000NXS too?

I would like to buy 2000NXS but are too pricey.

John Hagen 0 votos

Some store drop the price on the cdj 2000 nexus by a lot. And they are authorized dealer. Which makes me think two thing. #1 that a new cdj 2000 mk3 is on his way. Or due to lack of sale like people getting tried of bad support and not getting what they pay for. That pioneer trying to reel them in again by dropping the price really low. That's IMO

Steven V 0 votos

I'm going with #2, the deck is still too new for a MK3

BriChi 0 votos

any links to that stores that drop the price by a lot?

I would love to buy there ;)

few bugs and a good price is fine for me.

John Hagen 0 votos

Yeah of course mate.... they are identical when it comes down to just mixin... Only real difference is 2000s have cue points, pretty lights, a touch strip for searchin thru the song quick and the ability to adjust the resistance of the jog wheel...

Steve Omac 0 votos

thanks Steve,

I'm seriously think about it now! :)

John Hagen 0 votos

Really love my 900nxs! if you do not use hot cues and are more a looping guy like me, go for them!

Fabio 0 votos

Can any CDJ 900 NXS owners confirm that they accept voltage of AC 100-240V (50 Hz / 60 Hz)?

Thanks

Dillops 0 votos

Thanks Fabio. Which country are you in?

Anybody else?

Dillops 0 votos

Italy, but had the decks shipped from the States. I know this is probably messing up things! hahahhaha :D

Fabio 0 votos

There is a HUGE difference between 100(dash)-240 and 100(slash)/240 

100-240 is automatic

100/240 is usually switchable and prob reads 110/220

In the past most Pioneer products sold in the US were 110V only- some of my friends learned that the hard way with the POP!! Burned machines

maDJam 0 votos

All of the specs I can find online for the CDJ 900 Nexus (including on the Pioneer USA site) state AC 100-240V (50 Hz / 60 Hz). So it would seem the 900 Nexus is a departure from most previous Pioneer DJ products in that it will work in any country. :-)

Dillops 0 votos