Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

Incorrect wave display on cdj 850

The problem with the cdj 850 wave display (for me atleast)

It does not occur when selecting tracks with the track search option or the bpm search option, but it does occur when using the artist search option. When using the artist search option the first track you select will display the correct waveform but every subsequent track you select, the wave form of the previous track is displayed until u scroll down on the info screen and scroll back up, then it displays the correct track wave.

I Have highlighted this issue to pioneer uk customer support, who say they have succesfully recreated the problem (which says to me it is an inherent problem with the player) and have passed on the information to the main european tech dept.

This seems to have been an issue for a while now, but dont think anyone has touched on the fact it only happens when using certain search options ie. Artist search (possibly some of the other search options are affected, but i only use artist, track and bpm so im  not sure! out of artist, track and bpm search options the problem only occurs when using artist search to select tracks) I have added a video showing the issue

Ross Sidey

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

15 comentarios

Wow thank you so much for making this video Ross. This explains exactly the issue that I have been experiencing in my thread and in fact you managed to isolate the bug even further. 

Gavin, if and when you get a chance to read this post please merge my thread into here because Ross has hit the nail on the head and I would hope the engineers will now have a clear and definitive understanding of a widespread bug that should be fixable. Thank you in advance.

abk5074 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

In fact! and Ross I hope you can corroborate this point. Often times the BPM readout gets stuck on the previous track too which now makes complete sense. My work around has been to load a completely different track as a method of refreshing the display. But this should not be the total solution. Pioneer please come up with a viable update to fix this problem it is highly irritating. 

abk5074 0 votos

Hey Alex,

I notice on my vid that the bpm didnt change when flicking between the 2 tracks even after I scrolled down to correct the wave display, however I have just been experimenting again and the bpm IS now changing just as it should (even without having to scroll down and back up) so the bpm issue seems to be more intermittant! (which is strange). The wave display does it every single time when using artist search. 

Just out of interest Alex where are u from?  UK pioneer is pleading ignorance about this issue atleast until now that ive highlighted the thing about the artist search. Everyone must be having this issue and either not noticing it or just scrolling down n up to correct it. Pioneer are telling me they have now recreated my issue since ive explained about the artist search, so they are now well aware.  I fear i know the outcome to all this, we will be told we need to wait for X months on a firmware up date which may or may not come! As you say Alex this must be a widespread issue and also must be an easy fix so theres no reason for them not to release an update to sort it!

Ross Sidey 0 votos

I have narrowed it down even further now, the problem does not occur during artist search when you are flicking between songs by the same artist, but if u change to another artist then another song the problem does occur.

Ross Sidey 0 votos

Ross,

I'm located in the USA. This is an issue that I have been trying to get a fix for 5+ months and haven't gotten anything resolved. But I am confident that since you have video of the issue and a clearly defined explanation of the problem, Pioneer should be able to start working towards a fix. There hasn't been a true firmware update for these players in 3 years (outside of the minor one that fixed media output on certain laptops, I don't count this as a true update). I would be very disappointed if we were told to utilize the workaround, this should be something that can be rectified. Thank you again for highlighting this in video.

abk5074 0 votos

Wow nice job Ross! Finally some insight into this bug

quistuhpha 0 votos

Not heard anything back from pioneer yet either on here or via customer support. These forums are a bit of a joke really does anyone from pioneer ever read them or heaven forbid respond to customers, when you couple that with the spam most of the forums are filled with it's not really what you expect from pioneer who let's face it are making a mint.

Ross Sidey 0 votos

Yeah its been a lost cause these past years. Look or think of all the threads and issues discussed since the 850's release and there's only been a completely underwhelming and minuscule firmware update compared to everything that's been brought to light. I guess the only few people that ever post here just have a grain of hope or pretend to in this black hole.

quistuhpha 0 votos

Well traditionally Ross, Pioneer's method of handling concerns and complaints of customers is to shut the thread down and ban users who raise an eyebrow. I should hope if we can keep peaceably raising this concern and keeping this thread alive (I've had to re-open my thread three times so we will have to be persistent). Maybe Pioneer will listen and actually do something to fix one of the most devastating issues with these players.

abk5074 0 votos

Any word Ross? I see the Pioneer moderators floating around on various other threads but we're nearing 3 months on this one with not a lick of information or acknowledgement of the issue you have video evidence of.

abk5074 0 votos

Hello Ross.

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay as I have been

awaiting feedback from our Japanese technical division regarding this.

They have regrettably advised that due to the low impact of the firmware

error there will not be a update fix made available, as there is the

additional risk of introducing other errors into the CDJ concerning

multiple firmwares in the product which have to communicate with each other

to provide certain functions.

Kind regards

Steven Haywood • Customer Relations

Ross Sidey 0 votos

so Pioneer do not rewrite the firmware but just add more code to it to patch problems? does this also mean that Pioneer has stopped software (firmware) support for this model of player now?

Taff 0 votos

This is unbelievable. So basically the engineers are just saying that they are not going to ever update the software again because they functionality of the players as they stand now are essentially good enough. I will never buy another Pioneer product again. I'm selling my players and DJM and going with an S4. I have had it with Pioneer and will promote negatively towards this company from now on. No longer the industry standard, Pioneer hasn't released a product without bugs since the early 2000's. They are as washed up as some of the DJ's that made their name around the same time. 

abk5074 0 votos

This probably explains why after 4 years there is no fix for the blinking loop buttons either. Pioneer just doesn't care. Hell the last time they responded to this post was, well, never.

abk5074 0 votos