Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

XDJ-Aero and Rekordbox

Is it possible to have the tracks playing on the Aero also playing on the Rekordbox at the same time in real time? I can load tracks from Rekordbox to the Aero, but I can't see the wave files on the Rekordbox on the pc, while the tracks on the Aero are playing. It would be great if tracks playing on the Aero show up on the screen on my pc Rekordbox at the same time on each deck. I would love the Rekordbox  to show both wave files at the same time and be playing when being played on the Aero, so you what you are doing in the mix, you can see the breaks, drop downs in tracks. The Aero is a cool bit of kit, it's just lacking on the wave files for me. To put it another way it would be nice to see whats going on from the Aero and the Rekordbox at the same time. When you play a track on the Aero it also plays on the Rekordbox at the same time (PC). Thanks

Mark Mk

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

7 comentarios

a few of us have previously asked for this feature, i have a feeling more people would want it then are speaking out. Its a shame because the more things like this are asked for the more likely they would be introduced, be it via rekordbox update or xdj aero firmware update. I suspect the aero has a lot of potential to go beyond its current spec through firmware updates, potential such as more effects using the shift button, ability of setting multiple cues, .. we just need to get together and push the developers to bother their asses.

this forum is a bit of a stale biscuit when it comes to consumers mouths in developers ears. 

hack the xdj someone, a couple of the rmx-1000 effects would be cool.

how much are processors & ram these days anyway? f all

mike_mc 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

btw if you get to know the tunes you are playing you wont need to see the waveform. ;)

mike_mc 0 votos

Sorry, it's currently not possible but we have passed that suggestion to the engineers.  Thanks.

Pulse 0 votos

Thanks Pulse. With me not mixing for a few years I don't know most of the tracks I have, and they catch me out when they break down while I am mixing. Once I learn the tracks I will be fine. New tracks will still probably catch me out until I can see the wave form. Thanks

Mark Mk 0 votos

I also own an Aero but I´m thinking about a change on account of some of the restrictions mentioned in this and other threads, ie:

• no waveforms either in the (basic) Aero screen or the Rekordbox (call it PC, Mac, Ipad, Iphone or whatever)

• No CUEs support (maybe the biggest drawback I find) 

I really don't quite get it, I don't think that Pioneer left this out just to avoid competing with the PRO equipment (CDJ and the like) because they really don't compete, one is a portable system in the boundaries between the PRO and the enthusiast (leaned a bit towards the enthusiast in my opinion) and the other is a top notch PRO equipment. I don't see someone who was about to buy a NEXUS set (2 CDJs and a mixer) buying instead an Aero... not even if it had cue support, waveforms, and a color screen.. I feel it's like saying that FIAT doesn´t sell cars with leather seats and a sporty look because they still want to sell FERRARI...  On the other hand I see this as an opportunity for other brands to fill in the gaps. Just my opinion though.

Matias 0 votos

Guys,

I have AERO for a while now and I'm not finding the lack of the waveform beeing a big problem for me. When you listen your tracks carefully and count beats than breaks shouldn't surprise you. Most of the tracks have breaks in the similar time so it is just a matter or practise. As dj Tutor is saying: " Practise and enjoy!" :)

Waveform is a great tool to make you sets perfect but a perfect set, for me, is not great to listen. Soon the sets will no differ from music could be automixed by computers. It is also a great help for young djs who don't know how to count, but on the other hand they may never learn if they use it whole the time.

I'm guessing that Pioneer engineers probably expected that the Rekorbox will be developed well enough at the stage of releasing AERO and will have the waveform but they had delays with software development. I'm guessing that who really needs the waveform will need to wait patiently for Rekordbox uprate or switch to SX and laptop. I'm enjoying AERO without it as I have learnt to count beats and I'm not finding the waveform to be essential for me.

I just home the will repair some bugs of the firmware I was mentioning before as it takes them ages to do it.

Kubitsky 0 votos

Hi Kubitsky, I can assume you're right on the counting the beats part, even though I still think that if a CDJ2000Nexus has a waveform, it's not only novice DJs that like it, but letting the waveform issue appart, I would really appreciate (and I know this may be a little off topic -sorry) the other point I also mentioned: cue points and loops... and I still don't find a good reason not to have them... there's no lack of screen size quality, processing power or whatever that keeps pioneer engineers from adding it (if I'm not missing something...)

Bye

ps: I totally agree with you that even more important than the cue and loops would be to have a new firmware that doesn't do silly thing with synchro and the other bugs, and may I also add some extra support for different encodings (ie more than 44k)

Matias 0 votos