Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

5 seguidores Seguir

jog wheel center display latency

Anyone else that uses CDJs notice that the on-jog display is slightly lagged in Rekordbox? It seems to be 'instantaneous' on CDJs as well as in Serato (using a DDJ-SZ).  Seems like with RB is it slightly delayed.  Someone else posted this and while I've noticed it I thought it was just me. Seems slightly lagged even with my latency all the way to the left..

Thanks

DJ Chase

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

13 comentarios

+1 on that. One more thing is - why doesnt't it support the cue function on the controller jog wheel? Its really useful when scratching. Is there a way to turn it on?

Runfaster94 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Yup me too. Also, how do you set latency to lowest value??

lennonpearson 0 votos

Go into settings, then Audio Settings, then adjust your latency slider to as far to the left until you get audio dropouts. Then go right one or two clicks until you can run your max number of decks while using efx, etc.

Harry

DJ Chase 0 votos

Yeah I did that, and it is still laggy. Hopefully they tighten that up

lennonpearson 0 votos

Which CDJs are you using with what spec computer? I've tried every model and haven't found it to be noticeably lagged.

Pulse 0 votos

I'm using the ddj rz, with my asus cpu.

Specs of my cpu are:

Operating SystemWindows® 8.1, 64-bitProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz Quad Core Processor

w/ 3.6GHz Turbo, 8 Hyperthreads, 6MB Smart Cache, 22nmChipsetIntel® HM87 Express ChipsetMemory24GB DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM RAM

4 RAM Slots for up to 32GB Maximum (4x 8GB)Display17.3" IPS 16:9 Full HD LED Backlit No Glare LCDGraphicsNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX980M w/ 4GB GDDR5 VRAM  

lennonpearson 0 votos

Hi Pulse

sorry, should have been more clear. I'm using Rekordbox with my DDJ-RZ and the inner jog display movement of the market seems delayed slightly during fast cueing and scratching.  I'm comparing it to hardware units. I'm not using CDJs with rekordbox.

DJ Chase 1 voto

Just updated to 4.05. I find that the marker on center jog has tightened up.

lennonpearson 0 votos

I'm exactly having the same Problem using MacBook Pro Early 2011 i7 with Rekordbox 4.2.1. Conbination cannot be used performing live due to latency problems. Still using Traktor S4 ... what a big bummer!

Daniel Pavic 0 votos

@Daniel > What hardware controller / device are you using with rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votos

Pulse: DDJ-RZ with updated firmware - now using Rekordbox 4.2.2. The lag is not only in the display but also - according to how the device's display (in jog wheel) shows - the delay of music when moving the jog wheel quickly forward and back. Making precise scratching somewhat impossible.

Daniel Pavic 0 votos

What is the latency / buffer setting in the rekordbox preferences?

Pulse 0 votos

@Pulse: Thanks for getting back to me. I am currently in vacation and will be back home this weekend. I will check then and let you know. Thanks again - Daniel

Daniel Pavic 0 votos