Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

6 seguidores Seguir

REKORDBOX MAJOR PROBLEMS! EXTERNAL DRIVES IN EXPLORER ETC.

Hello! I am a proud new owner of the amazing DDJ-RZ. Amazing console, amazing sound and a very nice response but...! I have an SSD on my laptop and the storage capacity isn't enough for my collection. I can see my external drive whe i am in export mode but it dissapears when i am in performance mode! With this problem I can't use rekordbox and I am stuck with TRAKTOR once again. Please fix it in the next update it is very very important! I have paid lots of money and I cannot use my new equipment...!

Secondly we need a search box to work everywhere and be shown everywhere. when I need to search inside a specified folder i can't and I have to press ctrl + F. i don't want to search my entire collection but only inside a specific folder.

And one last minor issue I faced is that when I am not in Vinyl mode i cannot search inside a song with shift and the wheel. I have to press play twice or use the needle search firstly to release the shift + wheel mode. this is a loss of usefull seconds when you have to play quick and you are hurry.Except these problems I am very satisfied! I understand that Rekordbox is new and has a lot of bugs yet but by the time i believe it will be great with the advices of the djs.

Thank you very much!

Dj Giannis Mavridis

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

9 comentarios

I totally agree with you. Everything running too slow in rekordbox. Comparing to other Dj programs . Rekordbox wasting CPU too much. I am still not using Rekordbox on live gig. Not reliable yet. We need more skins,better searching,faster analyzing,and more more more things.VDJ is awesome about this things. Quick search in whole pc and external drivers,no bugs errors,and bunch of skins.

Dubrvko Posavec 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

These comments are being sent to Japan to help update Rekordbox.  The program (Rekordbox DJ) is still fairly new and being worked on to makre it the best option out there.  A couple of suggestions.

I am making my playlist into crates like with in Serato so that I can search the playlist the way I always have and it's working nicely.  Also for me I moved all my music to an external drive so I could move laptops if needed, that way the collection is always there. 

Jay 0 votos

Hopefully Pioneer will improve Rekordbox by clients request. All my dj equipment is Pioneer brand. I can say that I am very happy with Pioneer equipment. Would be nice to have all Pioneer including software. Since I upgrade with ver 4.0.5. No more errors or crashes. Thank you for providing a good dj software.

Happy new year ,wish you all the best!

Dubrvko Posavec 0 votos

I agree searching within a folder is a must. Especially when there are multiple lists within the folder. Would be nice to search all files in all lists within the folder.

When moving the external,  will the collection show up automatically,  with all track info, without having to reanalyse like it does in serato? That would be an amazing feature.

lennonpearson 0 votos

@lennonpearson > You would have to put the master database on the external drive (with the music) and then you could move it to another computer and load that database from rekordbox on that computer -- but not load it along-side another database.

Pulse 0 votos

Dubrvko Posavec I agree with you too but i believe that one of the main positive features that rekordbox have is to be light and quick responsive! If you add too many things will be heavy as Traktor...! Traktor became really heavy by the time! Rekordbox is 50 MB and Traktor is 500MB and due to its heavyness sometimes we are facing audio dropouts or slow response to faders and scratch. Rekordbox is nearly instant responsive wich is the most positive thing for me! Keep it light and quick responsive! Already it has everything you need to perform. It doesn't need anything else, just the bugfixes, the search box and the external drives to be shown in explorer! Thank you very much and have a great time everyone these holy days...

Dj Giannis Mavridis 2 votos

Ahh thanks pulse! Ive always just added files back onto rekordbox!

lennonpearson 0 votos

Not having external drive show up in performance mode really ruins this program for me.

Mathew Purdy 0 votos

Your EXTERNAL drives will show up; your EXPORT drives will not.

I believe there is an update in the works to provide support for export drives in performance mode.

Pulse 0 votos