Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

REQ: Automatic Browse mode when scrolling

I think someone mentioned this but not sure.  Can we request an option to automatically engage browse mode when using the track selector on a controller/CDJ.  

When I have my FX and sampler open I only get a 3 lines of the browser.  Can you forward a request to the development team to automatically go to Browse mode when scrolling more than one or two tracks. After selecting a track to a deck, it should return to the last view.  Basically the same workflow as hitting Spacebar before loading a track and then hitting it again after choosing the track.

Obviously this should be disabled if using two screens, or if the user does't want the feature (add a simple checkbox in preferences).

thanks!

DJ Chase

Comentario oficial

Personally, I don't think this is necessary but it got 3 votes so I'll open a request for it.  Stay tuned for feedback/updates.

Mark Gallo
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

thats a great idea. For now i have been detaching the library and keeping it behind and have a shortcut set to bring it forward and back which works pretty well

BriChi 0 votos

Got my vote, beats the space bar workaround. Not because I'm that lazy, but more hands on controller less on keyboard can only be a good thing. Surely this is fairly simple to integrate?

Anthony 0 votos

I've actually been thinking more about this and I have changed my opinion.  I DO feel that adding this feature would be beneficial.  I passed it along to the engineering team.  Let's see if they agree!

Mark Gallo 0 votos

Great news. Really simple, turn the encoder, full screen browser, with a time setback (5s) to minimise when it's let go. Maybe a switch in the settings to enable / disable?

Anthony 0 votos

Yes, that would be huige. Either 5-10 seconds without a selection will return to regular view, or obviously, if a selection is made then back to regular view. 

Since most DJs use a 13" macbook, having 2 decks+FX+ sampler or 4 decks+FX almost completely removes the browser window on the bottom. Mark, glad you agree with this feature request.  Thanks

DJ Chase 0 votos