Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

Speaker hum

Hi guys,I've recently purchased a pair of sdj50x monitors and have noticed that when powered on one of them makes a low humming noise as the other is totally silent.I have removed all rca leads and tried a different power socket but still persists.Would it be worth returning the unit under warranty or is it just what can happen? Thanks in advance

matt

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

3 comentarios

Speakers can sometimes pick up rf or other interference from their surroundings.  If it bothers you and is under warranty you could certainly look to return it.  I get a low hum on some speakers at various venues and just use a hum eliminator, but we are talking 15" speakers for gigs. 

Jay 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Hi jay thanks for you're reply.Yeah I emailed the retailer yesterday and they said that it might be either interference or just transformer noise and it's probably nothing to worry about.Ill see how it's goes but hopefully will be ok fingers crossed.

matt 0 votos

I too have a pair of these monitors and getting a buzzing sound coming from only 1 of them. No audio cables connected and tried several outlets but still getting the buzzing.

Is there anything I can do to fix or even reduce this? Unfortunately out of the warranty period

Darren Miller 0 votos