Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

5 seguidores Seguir

Why is Pioneer so terrible at support?

It seems all my posts are being deleted by Pioneer. I have been waiting YEARS for support on my issue. I am tech savvy and will generally try to resolve without ever asking support for help, but this search issue is beyond me.

If you are thinking about converting your music collection over to Rekordbox then honestly think long and hard before committing. Support is the terrible and priority is on every new update is always given to crappy functions that no one uses but Pioneer instead wishes to push.

Rekordbox = Rubbish

kolovos

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

8 comentarios

Sorry you feel that way. My experience has been different. Hopefully they can still turn this negative experience into a positive one. 

Ves 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Nobody's deleting your posts... and looking at your post / ticket history, we've been pretty quick to respond and solve most of the problems.

Pulse 0 votos

Being a developer of software that interacts with Rekordbox I can give nothing but praises for the way Pioneer DJ responds to questions.

I get the exact same feedback from the users of my tools, if they need to go to Pioneer DJ for answers they'll get them in a meaningful time. 

Not knowing your history, I think you should keep in mind:

• Google before mailing (you most likely are not the first to encounter this issue)
  • Stay polite
  • Be detailed 

I can fully understand they won't respond to inquiries in the spirit of :

"Your frakking CDJ players won't read my frakking very expensive USB".

What CDJ version with which firmware? what USB? how is it formatted? how was it created? And you are clearly a Battle Star Galactica fan like myself.

MixMasterG 0 votos

Pulse are you serious? You are the only person who ever responds in a decent timeframe and my search issue that has been brought to your attention in the past has never been followed up despite me following up at least 5 times.

Also note that post is a repost of an older thread because no one responding, so the issue has been on-going over 2 years now.

I have the latest firmware. USB format is correct. These are all small checks that i have checked and rechecked over the years (FAT32 for sake of clarity) and they are not the fault. I have even tried across different devices (XDj-Rx, xdj-rx2, cdj-2000, xdj900's) and the same thing occurs on all. I have even supplied my entire rekordbox library and specific tracks that are not being found when doing an on-screen keyboard search on XDJ-RX.

Everything has been logged in other posts but the most conclusive is linked above.

Its been 2 years and the issue is not resolved. When people are paying to hear me play i want to give the most dynamic, adaptable set possible and Rekordbox is obstructing that. Not happy. Support DOES take forever and I manage a team of developers, know that some urgently needed functions that are a piece of piss to implement haven't been and instead we get updates for functions of KUVO... i mean come on Pioneer look at your suggested features list!

kolovos 0 votos

The same problem happens with the video plug-in. No updates. No correction. Nothing is done for interaction between audio files and video files. A complete neglect on the part of the development team.

I agree when is said that focus is not the basic functions but focus is given to functions where a minority of people will use.

Doctor DJ 0 votos

It is absurd that you have to migrate to another software (Virtual DJ for video plugin case) by negligence of the development team that does not make the necessary corrections in a product that is paid.

Doctor DJ 0 votos

@Jason > Your post was edited because it's not accurate -- yes, you've had to make efforts, but our support team is in communication with our engineers in Japan and they're working hard to resolve your problem. You're not "on your own," as you posted.

Your patience is appreciated.

Pulse 0 votos