Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

RBDJ 5.8 not saving cue points in Export Mode

Hi Since version 5.7 Cue points are not saved in Export mode. They are saved in Performance mode.

Workflow:

- I place a Hot Cue and then I place a normal Cue in the same place, so I have an A on top of the wave form and a Cue triangle at the bottom of the wave form.

When I change song and go back to the previous one with the newly placed cue points, only the Hot cue is saved but not the normal Cue. The normal Cue goes all the way to the beginning of the song which I do not want. The setting that says 'hot cue/memory cue starts at the point nearest to the beginning of the track is disabled'

When I change to Performance Mode both the Hot Cue and Cue point are in the same place, where I placed them via the Export Mode, but they do not show like that in Export Mode. This must be a bug or a setting that was changed in 5.7 release.

Please advise.

ragdoll Respondida

Comentario oficial

That function only applies to a CDJ or performance mode; in export mode the player will always cue to the very start of the track, regardless of any memory points or hot cues. I verified that this is the operation of the software back to version 5.4.

In export mode you will always need to call the cue or memory point you want to use to place the main cue.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

Sorry, correction> The setting that says 'hot cue/memory cue starts at the point nearest to the beginning of the track is ENABLED'

ragdoll 0 votos

I understand but this gotta be a fallacy and this was not the case in the past. If you changed it since 5.4 I think it should change back.

Export mode allows me to place a Main Cue somewhere else on the track, and that will be reflected in Performance Mode, but when I go back to Export mode the Main Cue will only show me a Main Cue at the beginning of the track. The Hot Cues and Memory Cues will reflect equally between Export and Performance.

I mean, when I prep my mix in Export mode and for some reason reload the tracks several times in the process, I surely expect the Main Cue to show in the same place I just placed it in.

This is not that the Main cue flag is not placed in the data base, cause it is flagged there, since you show it in Performance mode, after it first was placed in Export mode.

I assume this is a bug that is easily corrected in the next release. It cannot just be me having noticed this thing, honestly. Btw I mix on an RZX.

Thank you.

ragdoll 0 votos

You know that the "main cue" is not permanently stored, right? If you load another song, that main cue is reset.

Pulse 0 votos

Hi again.

Have I been in a coma for the past few years, really? Before I could change and store a new main cue in both Export and Performance mode. But I would prefer to be able to sit by my desk and work the mix out in Export Mode, instead of standing for an hour in front of the RZX in Performance mode.

Since a few releases NEW Main Cues only gets saved in Performance Mode, and NO LONGER in Export Mode, but if I change the Main Cue in Export Mode and subsequently I switch to Performance Mode, my NEW Main Cues SHOW UP in Performance Mode! Sorry but we're not understanding each other here! Main cues ARE SAVED in Performance mode but not in Export. Is this a bug or has it been like that always?

ragdoll 0 votos

Clarification of terminology:

- hot cue

- memory point

Those should be fairly straightforward; you use the pads or memory buttons to set and store those.

- main cue

This is a temporary point created when you load a song, it is either created (when auto-cue is enabled) automatically by the settings in the software / CDJ / etc. being set to store that cue at the first part of the audio, or at the first hot cue or memory point on the song. It is indicated by an orange triangle at the bottom of the waveform (horizontal), or left side of the waveform (vertical) within performance mode, or at the bottom of deck 1 / top of deck 2 in export mode.

Should you wish to place that main cue elsewhere on the song, you can do that by pressing the play/pause button to enter a pause-state, then pressing the CUE button on that deck will store that new position as the main cue.

Having a song loaded and a main cue stored, then switching between performance and export modes (and vice-versa), will retain that main cue's position on the song for both decks 1 and 2.

Loading a new song, then loading the previous song will NOT restore the previous song's main cue; it will cue per the settings of the software / CDJ, to either auto cue for the music or the first memory / hot cue point.

Pulse 0 votos