Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

New MacBook Pro getting crazy hot after ten minutes.

Ten minutes after finally getting my new MB audio drivers working on my ddj1000 my MB was too hot to hold! Is this a common thing? I’m new to Mac so any help would be great! MacBook pro 15” 2019 2.6ghz i7 16 gb 2400 mhz ddr4 radeon pro 555x 4 gb 512 gb ssd. DDJ1000 latest firmware. Sorry for syntax and grammar. On phone. 

OrangeRabbit

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

Not at all. I even stopped and waited till the next day. Used it in performance mode without my controller but still on stand. Within ten minutes my new MB
started getting hot not just underneath but my touch strip and keyboard. I shut it down. Called Apple and their safety department has informed me that this is a ongoing issues! Their safety tech is a Dj and cannot use theirs either. They actually told me to use my Windows based laptop!! Till this is fixed. Whatever is going on when running Rekordbox the fans on the MB won’t come on. And as soon as Rekordbox is shut down there is a immediate cool down.

I cannot risk my 3000 dollar laptop on this. Especially after my ddj 1000 broke in less than 6 months. I’m not too impressed about that with no closer service to me than NJ or NY. But back to the software. My MacBook fans do work. Just not when rekordbox is running! So hot that the safety department at Apple suggest using a windows machine till it’s solved. Great. Spend big money on good gear but yet this good gear sucks lol

OrangeRabbit 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I noticed the same issue today. I’m new to all this but was shocked about the heat and the fan noice. I’ve got a brand new MacBook Pro 16” with a ddj400 and rekordbox. I’ve read about a heat problem when using an external monitor which I don’t have. I just plugged in an adapter for a standard usb connection. The analysis app shows me that rekordbox activates the dedicated GPU and that’s the reason why it’s getting hot. But I don’t understand why a audio application needs the gpu a specially if I don’t use the video mode. And even if the gpu comes one it shouldn’t get so hot anyway.
Is there any news about that problem?

Armin Leetz 0 votos

Well, the GPU is necessary for the waveform drawing, so there's that... but I wonder if the reason your fans are going is you're currently analysing songs in the collection?

Open the Activity Monitor and see what things are at with the CPU and GPU next time it happens, and rekordbox will tell you at the bottom left if it's analysing.

Pulse 0 votos

Thank you for your comment. I just updated to Catalina 10.15.4 and run Rekordbox for about 30min in automix and the fan didn’t come on. I found out that there is a GPU progress window at the activity monitor. It shows a GPUworkload of under 1/3. Maybe apple solves the problem. I mean it’s still getting warm/hot but for now it’s quiet. I will observe the behavior and let you guys know if there is any change. Thx

Armin Leetz 0 votos

Is it normal that the MacBook Pro is getting a little hot using rekordbox?
By the way there was no analyzing during playback. I got only 100 songs right now in the collection.

Armin Leetz 0 votos