Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

7 seguidores Seguir

Catalina is not supported by Rekordbox and 5.8.1 is worse than previous versions

Rekordbox does not really support macOS Catalina (10.15.1).
As of version 5.8.0 users had to export manually an .xml file from the Music app, so that Rekordbox could read this file and update the library's tracks accordingly.
But this was also possible with Rekordbox version 5.7.0, which could be run under Catalina with no problems.
Things got a lot worse with Rekordbox version 5.8.1. The latest update claims "improved" compatibility with Catalina. However, it takes from 11 minutes to over 23 minutes for the latest version to read the .xml (which still needs to be manually exported from Catalina's Music application).
So, what exactly is the "compatibility" and what is the 5.8.1 "improved compatibility"?
Rekordbox cannot read/recognize the new Music format (other applications, like Traktor, have already sorted this out).
The Music library still needs to be manually exported as an .xml file.
It takes Rekorbox 5.8.1 ages to read this .xml file.
If by "compatibility" Pioneer means that Rekordbox can be launched and run under Catalina, well that was also true since version 5.7.0, so no changes in the last two updates concerning Catalina.
I downgraded to Rekordbox 5.8.0 which can at least read the exported .xml file in seconds.

Sotiris Karayannis

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

5 comentarios

Did you see the newest new release as of today for what is needed to run 5.8.1 with Catalina?

Jay -2 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

On my Mac, I have also big issues with the Music app - integration.  Is it possible to download a Rekordbox 5.8.0 installation file please?  I would like to downgrade to the previous version.

Thanks,

Sam Geys 0 votos

I am confused - is 5.8.1 fully compatible with Catalina or not? Fully compatible = no manual exports from Apple Music.

Shaun Rowland 0 votos
new version 5.8.1 and we are worse all lies with 5.8.0 I had manually managed to make the xlm work now with this new version everything that works in music does not work for me it does not seem very sad pioneer that other programs are already working and pioneer not a somewhat simple solution.
Guiller Sc 0 votos