Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

BUG: Memory cues doesn't work properly (after upgrading to 5.8.1)

After I have upgraded to 5.8.1 my Memory Cues don't work properly in Rekordbox. I can only add loops to memory but not a certion point in middle of a song. When I only want to insert a memory point instead of a loop it add 0:00:000 to the memory. This is not right as I am in the middle of a song!

On other hand I can add loops to the memory. And make it active, the orange turns to red when I click on it. I also tested it on xdj-rx and that works. So only the memory points (don't know how it's called) doesn't work.

I am glad that active loops still work as I have 3 gigs this month. Now at least I can analyse my tracks. But now it's double work, because later I have to add my memory cues. Please let me know if this is a known issue\bug since the update.

DJ WhySo Respondida

Comentario oficial

@DJ WhySo > As @MixMasterG points out, when setting a cue point, that location is taken from the position of the main deck CUE point. You likely didn't set the main cue to the location you're trying to store a memory point at -- it doesn't work like a hot cue and store the position of the playhead.

The reason it works with a loop is that when you created a loop-in point, by default, the deck's main cue point is now set to the loop-in location.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

3 comentarios

I'm not entirely sure what you try to say. But my interpretation is: you can't set memory hot cues. If you press the "memory" button in Rekordbox a cue in the memory bank is set at position 0.00 (=the start of the track)

In order to set a memory cue the "Cue" button (the one above the "Play" button) need to be set at the position you want the memory cue to appear. Only after that you can press the "memory" button and the cue will be added to the memory bank. It's been this way for as long as I know Rekordbox. And I've fallen in the pitfall of pressing "memory" before assigning "Cue" myself a few times (indeed adding a memory cue at 0.00). 

It feels a bit a contradiction because a hot cue is always assigned at the position of the playback head, instead of the "Cue" position.

If this doesn't help then your exact OS version would be a good start to investigate this further (and does it happen with all track, mp3/wav/aiff etc).

MixMasterG 0 votos

If I want to set a memory cue while I'm playing, I press the loop in button (that will move the cue there) and then hit the memory button. this works for setting memory cue after your already that part but it's still useful for the next time

chtamina 0 votos