Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

How does Music.app sync work? [macOS]

Hi,

installed the 5.8.1 update and now a little bit confused about how the sync to rekordbox works:

I created a NEW Music library on macOS 10.15 Catalina, only imported music, no playlists at all. iTunes is gone, the old iTunes database is erased.

Set up rekordbox 5.8.1 from scratch with new database.

Opened the 'iTunes' tree, it does reveal all tracks from Music.app. Cool.

Surprisingly, it does also show some of my old iTunes playlists. Not all of them, but a couple incl. subfolders. Music.app does still have no playlists.

Now I am a little bit confused, where does rekordbox retrieve this data from?

In preferences, in iTunes settings, still some 'iTunes Music Library.xml' is entered, which does not exist anymore.

Also, no Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription here, so also no Cloud sync happening here.

So, my question to Pioneer DJ: Where does rekordbox 5.8.1 retrieve it's iTunes/Music.app data from?

BTW: I used the forum search, but this function is kinda useless for me, as long it is not possible to sort search results by data.

Thx

Plangin

Plangin

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

10 comentarios

Addition: Is it KUVO? Does rekordbox sync playlists via KUVO?

Plangin 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Thank you, but this was not really an useful answer.

I am aware of the way to manually create an XML file in Music.app.

But I did not do this and iTunes is already deleted incl. its XML file. So I am wondering why:

1) does rekordbox see the new Music from the Music.app

2) does rekordbox show a couple of Playlists from my old iTunes library. Where are they coming from?!

Thanks

Plangin 0 votos

If you export the XML from the music.app and you point Rekordbox in the advance preferences to that exported XML you'll see all is fine.

MixMasterG -1 votos

Thanks, but this is still not the question. ;-)

The situation is that it is working without this step. It looks like Pioneer found a way in 5.8.1 to access the Music library directly.

So the good message is: Your way is not necessary anymore. You can delete your video on YT.

Background is: I want to recreate a new neat and clean database in Music.app. So I am curious where does rekordbox get the playlists from (they are not on this Mac anymore).

I'm testing right now if they are retrieved from my KUVO account.

Plangin 1 voto

So, it was not related related to KUVO.

I found the playlists in the TV app (!).

So, if you are on Catalina and rekordbox shows old / deleted playlists in the iTunes tree, check the TV app (and maybe also Podcasts) to get rid of them.

Plangin 2 votos

OMG

I have exactly the same issue: old, deteled playlists showing up in Rekordbox's iTunes tree.

Unfortunately, I have any playlists in TV app. I tried looking in Podcast app. Nothing.

I'm waiting for a solution.

Pablo Montero 0 votos

Are you sure you're using the XML file exported from the Music app and not an old iTunes XML? Please be aware you need to manually export from Music as it no longer automatically updates the XML file previously exported within iTunes.

Pulse 0 votos

I don't have XML file linked. Rekordbox is reading Music app directly, and the Refresh button is working well.

The issue is all these old and deleted playlists, they don't dissappear.

Pablo Montero 0 votos

By the way, I tried your approach carefully: export Music app Library, then linking the XML in Rekordbox settings.

It seems Rekordbox doesn't read this file, it catchs Music database directly.

Pablo Montero 0 votos