Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

6 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox 6 drawing of previews is very slow

In Rekordbox 5, browsing/scrolling through the library was FAST, even with preview waves activated! Rekordbox 6 however, is struggling to draw the previews and the hot cues in them. It makes scrolling practically impossible. Now I have to disable the previews to have decent scrolling/browsing.

Everythime a preview has to be reshown (when you select a different playlist, or scroll through a larger playlist), it seems like it's being redrawn over again!

Lenovo Thinkpad 8th gen i7, 8 GB RAM. 2 TB PCIe SSD, Intel graphics chipset.

Here's my video: https://youtu.be/xC3W9Y_tlIU

Leon Hartog Respondida

Comentario oficial

Our rekordbox engineers are working on improving the drawing speed for the previews; even on new computers it can make browsing the library slow. Thanks for your feedback.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

7 comentarios

+1

2018 Apple MacBook Pro 

2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

It's sooooooooooo laggy!

Ian Laverick 0 votos

+1

MBPro i7 on Sierra > Lag when scrolling !

djstaas 0 votos

Yes, everything analyzed and ready to go. Even scrolling playlists is slow and laggy.

Tried it on a 2019 retina MBP 16gig RAM and also old my older rMBP with 8gig ram.

Both are buttery smooth in Traktor and Serato Pro. A little less responsive with RB5 but RB6 is unusably slow.  I'm not playing music or analyzing, just library management and its so painful.  Sorry guys, but I think Pioneer needs to go back to the drawing board with this one.

DJ Chase 1 voto

Unfortunately, I too have problems with this new version. I went from version 5.8.5 to version 6.0.3.

I use a 2011 MacBook Pro 13 with 16 GB of RAM and an internal 1 TB SSD.

With the version of Rekordbox 5.8.5 I was very satisfied with the speed of response of the software. With this new version I had to disable preview to scroll through the collection without problems. It takes more than a minute to load the library, with the old version it took much less time to load the library of 48,000 songs. I have also disabled Lyric, Video, DVS, Lighting. Have you solved somehow?

I just don't know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives me any advice.

Sergioevangelista64 0 votos

Pulse thank you for your answer. I will wait for updates of the software confident that it will always be better.

Sergioevangelista64 0 votos

Thanks, Pulse. It's good to hear your engineers are working on it.

Leon Hartog 0 votos