Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

RB 6 Migration

HI,

I migrated from RB 5 to RB 6, the migration process converted all the files without any issue after 10+ hrs, but it seems that the Analysis did not finish or was never a process of the migration. Do I have to re-analyze all the media again? The column next to the cloud shows "? cue". 

djSameer

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

4 comentarios

It appears to be the case. That's unacceptable in my book. It took a day to upgrade my database and now I have to re-analyze the tracks?!?!?! What a debactle of a release!

djsvazquez 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

This isn't a full analysis. It just adds the 3 band waveforms which weren't there in the previous version. Select all tracks in the library, right click (on a windows PC) and 'analyse additional data' (or something similar, I got a different language on my version). It starts to analyse for the the tracks for the 3 band waveform. Don't do just 'analyse' as it would do the full analyse.
If your library is large I recommend to do it in stages and not all track at the same time. It still can last a long time to finish this transaction.

Frank Richter 0 votos

I don't think that is true, I tried to do what you suggested (thank god not to all the songs), and it seemed to re-analyze, putting the new waveform data, which is the same issue I am talking about, regardless of how we talk about this, the analysis should have been done as a part of the migration.

djSameer 0 votos

Hmmm.... It worked for me. Just to be clear, I didn't clicked just 'analyze', I used the one in the red circle below.

Btw. That was similar when the RGB waveform was introduced years ago.

Frank Richter 0 votos