Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

5 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox 6

Upgraded to rekordbox 6, it is laggy, slow, unresponsive and has turned my 2018 MacBook Pro 4 ghz 16gb Ram in to a 1982 Atari.

Due to lockdown I am not djing out....Pioneer please update with fixes asap as I would not be confident to gig with Rekordbox 6 and it would be too frustrating - to all DJs I would recommend gigging with Rekordbox 5 not 6.

Dean Williams Respondida

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

9 comentarios

I haven't analysed the whole library and I switched off analyse on import. I played with CDJ2000nx2 in export mode yesterday for 5 hours to record and the cdjs lost the link and I either had to wait with a spinning disc and a CDJ reboot to the root directory or the CDJ went into went into emergency loop whilst playing. All the kit is upgraded to latest firmware.

It seems the software is too much for my Mac and there's crashes happening in various places. Even dragging and dropping files to reorder them is annoying.

The files playing were all analysed in 6.

Hope this helps, I like rekordbox but 6 needs some work.

Dean Williams 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Also here with a windows 10 pc (i7 32gb ram), no problems with rekordbox 5.85, but with rekordbox 6, everything goes very very slowly.

Analyze new tracks won't do it.

And when i wanna find a song in my whole collection, typ a letter, it takes seconds the letter comes.

so searching tracks is very slow!

And the start of rekordbox 6 goes very slow, takes minutes,
but i found a way,
when i start rekordbox 6 without my external drive with all my songs, it goes normal fast!

Hope in an update this can be fixed

I found out, that most of the "laggy" and "slow" comes to the external drive with the songs.
Searchin a song in my collection is very slow,
but when I do this without my external drive(with my library)
it goes normal.
And start RB6 with external drive takes about 2 à 3 minutes,
because it looks like the program scans my library on my external drive before it starts.
Start RB6 without external drive goes very fast, maybe this is something for the engineers
Dirk 0 votos

My experience is that problem presents itself in differing glitches, both on the CDJ and computer. I think if the processing in the background is stressing the system something as simple as just typing the name of a song or dragging a song is causing the crashes and spinning icons on the computer and the CDJ.

Dean Williams 0 votos

@Dean > And did you add the new data, not just analyse?

Pulse 0 votos

The tunes have the new waveform - is that what you mean? if not what data do I need to add?

Dean Williams 0 votos

Had to uninstall 6....caused such extreme system lag. The beta update fixed if for a few minutes then basically causes my machine to be unusable other than just running RB. Going back to 5.8.5 was the only thing that worked. Its MBP with 2.8 i7 and 16Ram, should be able to run RB and chrome simultaneously .

Phillip Schutt 0 votos

Unfortunately it's a little laggy for me too.  Mostly working but browsing for tracks is very sluggish now on both CDJ, DDJ 1000 and unplugged setups.

Not exactly a cheap machine I'm running it off too:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Nic Owen 0 votos