Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

XDJ RX - connecting to laptop - Link does not appear (Mac OS Big Sur)

Hi there

I have just bought a second hand 2015 MacBook pro, running Big Sur and the problem I am experiencing is no matter what I do, I cannot get the LINK button to appear when connecting laptop via ethernet and an official Apple adaptor (Ethernet to thunderbolt)   

I spent ages installing / uninstalling the Big Sur drivers for the XDJ RX, following all the  advice on the Big Sur guidelines on the site. 

MacBook pro (2015 model)  is running OS 11.2.3, 2.2 GHz quad core Intel core i7, 2TB SSD, 16Gb RAM

As far as I can see there is nothing labelled as pioneer showing for disabled software in the system report either.

I have tried different combinations of switching on mixer/laptop and plugging stuff in but nothing works. 

I wish to run it in export mode to just load tunes from the laptop onto the controller to play and NOT to use Rekordbox DJ in Midi. 

My XDJ-RX will only connect with my Old 2013 MacBook pro laptop running Rekordbox v6.0 on High Sierra (in Export mode) via ethernet.

Please advise, I dont know what to try next. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mark

Mark Tamsett

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

4 comentarios

Hey Mark,

Have you disabled the firewall and any file sharing on the Big Sur computer?

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Hey Pulse 

Thanks for the response

I had done both of those things (disabled firewall and file sharing) and still no luck here 

thanks

Mark

Mark Tamsett 0 votos

Disabled the wifi?

Tried a different ethernet adapter? Or connected the XDJ to your router and your computer via wifi?

Pulse 0 votos

Hi Pulse

I bought a brand new ethernet adaptor and tried both thunderbolt ports but still with no joy. Also tried disabling wi-fi but no luck here either. 

It did work when I connected the XDJ directly to my router and then used wifi on the Macbook.

However, this won't be an option when I am playing mobile in various venues. Is there anything else to try here please to enable direct connection between XDJ and laptop? 

thanks

Mark

Mark Tamsett 0 votos