Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

8 seguidores Seguir

XDJ-RX3 Total Freeze

Well with each new day it seems that i'm discovering huge issues with this system, I think I have lost confidence in using it in a live setting!

Its now very clear that multiple users are experiencing a slow down of browsing playlists etc after several hours use and I had my unit on test in the office yesterday for 4 hours, sure enough the playlists became very slow to load and the touch scrolling was very jerky. I had an idea to try a second stick in USB2 to see if that was also slow or would browse at normal speed, as soon as I inserted my drive into the second port the system froze completely and I had to turn it off and back on.

There's no problem with my USB or the 2nd port as i've tried it numerous times after restarting and it's fine. I actually left it on test again overnight, when I came in I browsed a few folders until it slowed down, inserted a second USB and again it froze completely. 

I am going to get a video of this to send you but unfortunately it means I have to leave my system playing again for another 3-4 hours.

When are we due a firmware update to sort these issues, do you guys not test equipment for prolonged periods before releasing it?

Ian Laverick Respondida

Comentario oficial

I know Brian, @Marcos, and @Gilbs have tickets open, but @Teo-F and @Plangin, please open the support link for your country here and please create a ticket so our team can gather some additional information.

For those with a ticket already open, please do not post to the forums as our agents are in direct communication with our engineers for these issues and can assist you better than posting here. Thank you.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

9 comentarios

I'll back you up here.
Exactly the same happened to me after reading your post on the RX3 FB page.
After reading your issue I plugged in my back up SSD drive into USB port 2.
This was after a 5 1/2 set.
As soon as I plugged it in the unit froze.
I didn't even get to select which drive to use.

During the night the searching got slower and slower.

Seriously wish I kept the RX2.

This unit has so many bugs it's unreal.

All my issues have been witnessed by a couple of guys who test/ privide ideas to Pioneer. They sent videos to one of the Pioneer guys who said he would pass on my problems.

Heard nothing back and that was 2 months ago.
I guess they don't test these machines before release.

Gilbz 1 voto

I have the same problem, I think it is the data flow with the pendrives, this did not happen in rx2! I am using it with usb cable in rekordbok link mode. We need solutions now! suppressing the preview would work better.

djmarcosponcio 1 voto

someone had posted this on the FB forum for the RX3 so hopefully an update in the next 2 weeks takes care of some more issues

Lennert (Pioneer DJ Global)
Mar 14, 2022, 19:53 GMT+9
Hey ***
Hope you are well and thank you for contacting Pioneer DJ.
I'm very sorry you are having these issues. I know how frustrating this must be for you. This is of course not the behavior you wish to have with your newly bought RX3, my apologies on behalf of Pioneer DJ.
Currently, there is a known issue arising in certain conditions when you play for a long time with XDJ-RX3 in standalone.
How many hours did you play and did the issue occur? Always after 5h or?
Could you tell us the brand, size of the USB drive, and how many tracks are in it?
Is it the same SSD or does it also happens with other USB/SSDs?
As for the slow track load issue, this issue is supposed to improved by the next firmware update at the end of this month but we would like to still collect and log your issue.
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. We will inform you when it releases.
Kind regards
Lennert
Pioneer DJ
BriChi 0 votos

Thank you for providing the video, Ian Laverick!

One question: Is this happening only with FW 1.10?

I'm still on 1.00 and therefore considdering to skip the update until a final fix arrives.

Plangin 0 votos

Dear Customer service team,
Kindly please I would like to report a few operational defects, regarding the new XDJ-RX3 controller.
1. Approximately after 4-5 hours of use, controller stops demonstrate the sound waves.
2. While using the color filters and after trying to go back in the playlist, the playlist appears to be blank.
3. When a mix track exceeds 60’ minutes, and needed to go back to choose the next track, controller gets stuck frequently and does not respond to any other order.

4.most of the time I play after 4-5 hours it freezes and the LEDs stay on and you do not turn off the button switch unless I unplug it
For all the above defects, I need to restart the controller to restore the original state, and that is a significant problem when you play music in public.
Please note that I have checked the equipment I connect in the controller, as the previous models (XDJ-RX2, CDJ-2000 NXS, CDJ-2000NXS 2, CDJ 3000) have never had such problems during their operation.
Best regards Theodoros Fotakidis

Teo-F 0 votos

problem with XDJ RX3 firmware 1.11

1 with usb functions after 4 hours of playback the waveforms started to stick gradually and after 10 minutes the songs started to get confused in the lists, the song had a different name and was loading and after 5 minutes all the functions froze or fell the volume  nor the touch worked and I had to stop the music by turning off the power

2 functions with rekordbox hid mode while the music was playing the sound was lost and the LEDs in the master showed that the sound was working normally and to play again I had to press computer icon for monitor functio.

please please do something because from time to time  I bought it, it has never worked properly… while with all its other pioneer devices that I have been working on for years (cdj 2000, cdj 2000 nexus, cdj 2000NXS2, cdj 3000) they always worked perfectly, it creates a big problem in my work with its continuous cessation  music and it spoils my set

Teo-F 0 votos

I have the same issue too, took a pic today after a few hours of play, the waveform did not even show in the middle as it should and the wrong waveform is in the bottom all blue, once I reboot the deck then the correct colored waveform shows in middle and bottom. Also the sort is all out of whack and the deck shows wrong info and waves

BriChi 0 votos