Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

CDJ 3000 not recognising hard drive (formatting?)

I've been using a Samsung 1TB drive formatted to Mac OS Extended Journaled for a number of years on CDJ2000's, but last weekend encountered the new CDJ3000 for the first time and the drive wasn't recognised. We swapped out for one CDJ2000 which worked (but still wasn't recognising the drive when linked to the new CDJ3000), and then finally got it working having swapped out both players.

I'm thinking it might be something to do with the drive formatting, I've read a few places that my drive should be formatted to Fat-32 (although not sure why it's managed to work on the CDJ2000's for so long.

I've found a duplicate drive and using my Mac and Disk Utility have tried to format this new drive as Fat-32 before duplicating my working drive to the new one. Disk Utility doesn't have the option to format to Fat-32, only ExFat or Ms-Dot (Fat), which if any of these should I select? Or is there another better way to overcome my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Felix Dickinson

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

8 comentarios

CDJ-3000, XDJ-RX3, and XDJ-XZ will recognize exFAT, HFS+ (Mac OS Journaled), FAT32, and all other players will read the same except exFAT. So if you plan on using older CDJs, stick with HFS+ or FAT32.

The reason the CDJ-3000 didn't read the drive could come down to the drive itself. Pioneer DJ does not guarantee 100% compatibility with any USB drive. Functionality of one drive does not guarantee functionality of another identical make / model drive. Manufacturers are known to change the memory controller chip per availability or cost, and as a result, there is always a chance that a drive may not be compatible with the player host chipset. Recommendations or the results of another user may not be the same for you and your drive.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

HFS+ isn't reliable on an XZ so I'd use FAT32 if I were you. 

Colesy 0 votos

HFS+ certainly is reliable on an XZ... I've had better success with it than FAT32.

Pulse 0 votos

I beg to differ, I own an XZ and have formatted SanDisk Pro drives to HFS+ and it's hit and miss whether the XZ will read the drives, which are brand new. 

Colesy 0 votos

You don't need to beg -- I'm pretty sure I might have tested a few more drives and have a bit more experience in determining which drives / types are more reliable than others, and can say with confidence HFS+ certainly is reliable on an XZ.

Pulse 0 votos

I am just providing my own first hand experience as an owner of an XZ using 2x brand new SandDisk Extreme Pro USB drives formatted as HFS+. Thanks for the condascending comment though, have a good day. 

Colesy 0 votos

I understand that has been your experience with two drives, however that limited experience does not accurately reflect the reliability of the macOS Journaled (HFS+) system format for all users on the vast expanse of drives available on the market. As such, providing your limited experience as a recommendation to others may result in suboptimal performance of their drives.

Pulse 0 votos