Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

CDJS/REKORDBOX and SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive,

Hi, 

Pioneer appears to recommend the Scandisk extreme pro usb for use with rekordbox and their cdjs however google searches show lots of problems with this usb. Will I have any issues if I purchase the extreme pro 128gb usb 3.2? 

John Michaels Respondida

Comentario oficial

I have a SanDisk Extreme Pro USB 3.2 and have no issues with it, but that said, here comes the standard disclaimer:

Pioneer DJ does not guarantee 100% compatibility with any USB drive. Functionality of one drive does not guarantee functionality of another identical make / model drive. Manufacturers are known to change the memory controller chip per availability or cost, and as a result, there is always a chance that a drive may not be compatible with the player host chipset. Recommendations or the results of another user may not be the same for you and your drive.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

9 comentarios

thanks, appreciate the feedback. super helpful. If using a mac do i need to format the usb to FAT32? 

John Michaels 0 votos

If you're planning on using it with a CDJ-3000, XDJ-XZ, or XDJ-RX3, you should format it exFAT. For all other players, FAT32 (unless you're on a Mac, in which case - macOS Journaled Extended, aka HFS+).

Pulse 0 votos

thanks, but what if one venue has CDJ2000's and the other 3000s? 

John Michaels 0 votos

sorry also saw you mentioned if using mac to format to HFS+ . Will this work on both 2000's and the 3000?

John Michaels 0 votos

Yes, the recommendation would then be to use HFS+ for the drive.

Pulse 0 votos

**Update**

After writing the comment below I turned the XZ off and on again just to check it would read the USBs and it's very hit and miss, took a very long time, messages like 'checking file system' (there are no issues with this as these are brand new sticks, freshly formatted within the last 48 hours). I am going to reformat as FAT because I just have no confidence they will consistently work as HFS+ when playing out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have recently purchased two more SanDisk Extreme Pro USB 3.2 (256 GB) and I formatted HFS+ as I am a Mac only user. They both worked fine in my CDJ-3000s but not on my XDJ-XZ. On review the XZ firmware I was running was 1.22 and the latest is 1.24 so I have updated and the USBs are now working. Pulse are you able to confirm that HFS+ support was added to the XZ in either 1.23 or 1.24 firmware update? The reason I am asking is I want to have confidence that the USBs are ok left as HFS+ and not go out to each gig wondering if they will load or not. Thanks 

Colesy 0 votos

I had the same issue last night with my brand new sandisk exteme pro 3.2 128gb stick.

I have it formatted in exFAT and the 3000 just kept displaying FORMAT USB and would fail to read. Seems to be very hit miss from all the comments I have been reading.

Steve Marx 0 votos