Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

6 seguidores Seguir

Can't delete genres that appear on the genre list but aren't assigned to any tracks

I have multiple genres that I'm not using but they still appear on Rekordbox's dropdown list (and on my CDJs). 

When I select Collection and then sort by genre, I still don't see any tracks with the excess ones that appear in the dropdown list. I've even created intelligent playlists to only search for the excess genres and it populate with any tracks.

In the past if there are genres that aren't assigned to any tracks they won't appear in the list and I've been able to clean it up, but I'm stuck on this one...

Shane Terry Respondida

Comentario oficial

Hey Shane,

Instead of sorting the collection by genre, open the Track Filter:

Select the genre from the column at the left, then change the genre on the songs, it will no longer appear on the list.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

13 comentarios

I have the same problem. I had deleted all the genres successfully and continually relabeling them. Then at one point, all the old genres reappeared in the Dropdownlist, but none of the old Genres are anywhere to be found, if I search for them. They are only in the Dropdown list... I have no clue how to get rid of them...

Adrian Fügert 0 votos

On which version of RB are you guys? Just did a check on MacOS with 6.4.2 and did not have this. 

Will keep looking the next few days. 

Ves 0 votos

Hey Ves, thanks for looking into this. I am using 6.4.2 as well. My MacOS is 10.11.6 if that has anything to do with it.

Maybe there are some hidden duplicates somewhere? I can't find anything though...

Adrian Fügert 0 votos

Sorry it took so long. No duplicates on my end. 

Ves 0 votos

Hey Pulse - 1st off, thanks for this. This tip worked great and I'm back on track.

Not to combine issues and I know this has been brought up multiple times but I wanted to reply and thank you for this a few days ago but the single sign-on on this forum continues to be the worst implementation I've even encountered on a larger company's website. I know you guys are familiar with the issue but let me recap it: 1) I tried to reply and get stuck in a login loop where it tells me to log-in to reply even though I'm already logged in. 2) I use Safari 99% of the time and also Chrome sometimes. Same issue for both browsers. I know you always tell people to clear cookies in the browers and reset it, but people use cookies (and should be able to use them) to browse efficiently when working so just deleting all your browser data EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to post/reply on the forum is not a real solution. 3) I finally was able to post this by downloading Firefox just so I have a Pioneer DJ dedicated browser that I can continue clear the cache and cookies. That is so annoying...

Anyway, thanks for the genre fix but once again I'm leaving this forum with a super bad impression/experience with this part of a Pioneer. I can't imagine how many other users just don't care to jump through all the hoops and just give up - which means you probably have millions of frustrated customers around the world that aren't able to engage and find help with their issues...

Shane Terry 0 votos

Hey Shane,

Glad to hear the genre thing worked for you.

I don't think Safari has an easy way to allow 3rd party cookies on specific sites (it seems to be either all or nothing), but that's what you need - cross site data, since we use the single-sign-on with Gigya.

Pulse 0 votos

Hey Pulse (or anyone else at Pioneer!) I'm not sure I follow this. I'm having the same issue. When I order my songs by genre or use the filtered view, I only see the genres I have which is great. But when I select the genres field to change a genre, the dropdown list still displays 100s of unused genres. How do I fix this? It makes managing my music much harder than it needs to be! Thanks.

Annabel 0 votos

@Annabel > Are you sure there are no songs left in the collection for that genre?

What version of rekordbox are you using?

Pulse 0 votos

Same Issue here, Rekordbox 6.6.4.

Unused genres are showing up in the dropdown list.

In the track filter pane (shown in the official comment) has the correct list of genres, without including the extras.

Never seen this issue before.

Gerard Cirera 0 votos

I have the same problem, How I cna fix it?

Przemysław Kozłowski 0 votos

We can't fix it, we just have to live with it. And I cannot emphasise enough how much it impacts my daily work - our job is literally to organise music so this is the bane of my life.

I spoke to Pioneer cusomter service via email too and they explained that the genre data is most likely from songs imported via streaming platforms - however, once you update the data or removing those songs, Rekordbox does not delete the data.

"Rekordbox doesn't have an option to delete streaming tracks that are not visible. I'm very sorry this impacts your workflow, my apologies. As explained, I have forwarded your feedback to the engineering team."

The engineering team are aware but it's been 8-9 months since I first raised this and I haven't received any updates. I am waiting every day :')

Annabel 0 votos

I have never used or linked rekordbox to any streaming platforms, so it 100% is not that. All my tracks are local files in the same folder.

Gerard Cirera 0 votos