Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

DDJ-Rev1 Sound Issue

Hello, I just bought my model DDJ-REV1 and I plugged it in to my Macbook, turned on Serato, and there was no sound coming from my speakers and there was no sound from my connected headphones. After adjusting some settings and the filter trim, I had distorted high pitch sounds coming from my headphones that did not stop and there was no music playing. I have a Numark Party Mix and used the same equipment from my old controller and it worked perfectly fine with Serato and played music and everything. I'd like to know why my $300 DJ Controller comes out of the box broken while my old $100 DJ Controller from Numark works perfectly fine with no issues. 

Reginald Bermillo Respondida

Comentario oficial

Serato DJ Lite or Pro? The DDJ-REV1 is a Serato DJ Lite controller -- if you want to use that unit with Serato DJ Pro, you would need to purchase an upgrade license to use Pro. For more information, see this article on the Serato website.

If you already have a Pro license or are having problems with Lite, check that your REV1 is not assigned as the default output audio device in the AUDIO MIDI SETUP app.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

I tried every troubleshooting tip. I am using Serato DJ Pro and adjusted all the settings and tried everything to make sure it's not user error. I did the same thing with my Numark board and I was able to hear sound from both my speaker and my headphones with no issues but every time I used the Pioneer REV1 deck, I would constantly hear the high pitched distorted sound hurting my ears. I have owned the REV1 for less than 12 hours now.

Reginald Bermillo 0 votos

I am having somewhat of the same issue on a Windows 11 computer.  I previously had a Roland 202 and have now purchased the DDJ-Rev1.  I am also experiencing the terrible sound issue from the master out and have seemingly narrowed it down to this.  When I look in the sound settings, the Roland is set to MASTER for output, cue output, and mic record.  The REV1 however is set to Line 1 Output and Line 1 Input which is somehow running the audio through the computer again or otherwise compromising the signal.  The problem is I haven't been able to solve the issue of reassigning the REV1 as master instead of LINE.  I know the Mac will be a little different but the issue might be the same.

Tage Peterson 0 votos

@Tage > The DDJ should NOT be set as your audio output device for Windows.

Pulse 0 votos

I agree, however it was not something of my doing but automatically happened when I plugged the Rev1 in.  Since it appears the Rev1 does not need a separate driver, (only the Rev7 does), it should have been plug and play through Serato.  This was the configuration I was given and am looking for a way to resolve it to the correct mapping.  Do you have an idea of how I could correct it?

Tage Peterson 0 votos

When my Rev1 is plugged in my Mac I can't get any sound out my monitors. When I unplug my controller, the sound works just fine. I checked the settings and the MIDI is connected. How do I get the sound working with the controller plugged in?

Joah Myers 0 votos