Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Intelligent Playlist Limits

Hi,

I realise that this is a topic that has been asked about a lot but I've searched a lot this morning and not been able to find a specific answer to my questions.

I'm currently going through a major refresh of my Rekordbox with lots of new music and a restructure of my Intelligent Playlists to accommodate it all. This will mean a lot of new Intelligent Playlists.

Midway through this, I've seen people online mention a "limit of 128 intelligent playlists in Rekordbox". I can't remember ever encountering this before in all the years I've used Rekordbox. My old Intelligent Playlists in Rekordbox stood at around 96. But in doing my restructure I've already gone well over this 128 mark inside RB.

Is this a limitation on the number of Intelligent Playlists that can be EXPORTED to USB, as opposed to created inside Rekordbox?

Or was it a limit on the number created and this limit has been recently extended? If so, what is the new limit? (I cannot find this in any of the recent release notes or documentation.)

This limitation could have a huge impact on the restructure I'm doing and wanted to understand this better before investing anymore time into it.

Thanks in advance

Phil_D

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

When an intelligent playlist is exported, it's no longer intelligent - it creates it as a regular playlist, so there would be no limit in that regard.

Pulse 1 voto
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Thanks, Pulse. That is really useful information.

I actually did a test today where I exported some of my old Intelligent Playlists (47) and some of the new (96) to USB and noticed no issues or unusual messages.

Is the limit in relation to what is created inside RB? What is the current limit?

I have already created more than 128 and don't see any issues so far.

Phil_D 0 votos

Does anyone have up-to-date information on the 128 limit for Intelligent Playlists? (within Rekordbox ver. 6.6.4)

Phil_D 0 votos

Last post from me on this one unless someone replies - in case someone is out there reading this looking for an answer to this question.

Just counted all my Intelligent Playlists in Rekordbox ver. 6.6.4 as things stand: 307

No messages so far to tell me this is too many. No performance issues so far.

Phil_D 0 votos