Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

My Tags get wiped when I sync the USB to Rekordbox

Hello

I had a mix on my CDJ 850s with 2 USBs and was doing some tagging on Rekordbox on my laptop at the same time. When I finished I syncd the USBs to Rekordbox and it wiped all of the tagging that I'd done in Rekordbox.

I did a couple of tags but this time synced from Rekordbox to the USB first, and then synced back from the USB to Rekordbox and it still wiped the tags.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way to permanently save the My Tags so that they don't get wiped when I sync from the USB to Rekordbox?

Thanks

Alex

Commentaire officiel

Recommendation: Don't make changes to 2 places at the same time.

If you made changes on the USB drives, when you re-connect them, click "Import Changes" (at least I think that's what it's called; I don't have a USB drive handy to test it out and make a screenshot for you!) That brings all the changes you made on the players back into the main collection.

If you're simply exporting the changes from the collection to the USB drive, to a standard sync / export.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

I have exact the same issue. I am only trying to replicate the workflow of an official Pioneer trainer. So here is my situation. I am all set up in Rekordbox. I sync my playlist to my usb and go to the club. In the club I add some extra hot cue's. When I come home I like to sync those back to my rekordbox data base. This works well but then all my tags are delated. The sync proces works fine, but it seems my tags are not written to to usb in the first place. 

Is there a setting somewhere which controls the sync of my tag to usb drive? 

Thanks,

Ronald

Digilux Amsterdam 0 votes

@Digilux > The tags would only be wiped if you tried to sync the USB drive to two different rekordbox collections, or never allowed it to sync them to the current machine in the first place. You would normally be prompted if it's going to overwrite the tags on the USB drive with those on the collection.

Pulse 0 votes

No this is not the case. USB drive was synced from this computer. I checked that because I do not wanted to lose any cue points. I have one master folder with several subfolders with playlist, I always drag the master folder to the usb drive. Then I added some cue points in the club and I tried to write them back to my collection.. This worked, my cue points which I set in de club are now in my rekordbox but all my "my tag" has been delated

Digilux Amsterdam 0 votes