Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ RZX

Dear Pioneer,

I just bought the DDJ RZX and its great but I feel dissapointed as to no compatibility with Serato,

Your machines do not come cheap and therefore we expect that features are available to us. At least give us the option to purchase the serato licences and work with them.

Do not get us wrong as your clients. We like rekordbox too. But its like shifting personalities.

I hope you can resolve this with an update. Its truly heart breaking to buy a machine that expensive and not get functionality.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thank you.

Karan Pandya

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

15 commentaires

Sorry that you are disappointed but this product was never advertised or marketed as a Serato controller.  None of the DDJ-R__ series products are supported by Serato.  They are strictly rekordbox controllers.  

Mark Gallo 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Dear Pioneer,

Thank you for your response. I had not known so. And do accept that my fault for not checking too therefore not blaming you.

But I do hope that you will look into the matter as I believe I am not the only one with this issue.

So far I do have a great experience with the DDJ RZX but the reason I was asking for Serato is also the fact that rekordbox crashed on my event (really embarrassing as some of the dj's there who were already impressed with the DDJ RZX had numerous reviews after the crash). The track I was playing froze and all of a sudden I had a noise like I was looped on 1/32.  I am intending to buy a core i7 but as per the minimum requirements I am using a Core i5. Do note, my rekordbox and the DDJ RZX firmware are up to date. This creates trust issues between me and Rekordbox. Let's take into consideration that I was playing audios and not videos. What if it was videos ?

I have had this issues on my practice sessions too.

If pioneer is not looking into getting Serato for this machine the lets have a very reliable rekordbox version as well.

Looking forward to your concern with my issue.

Thanking you,

Karan

Karan Pandya 1 vote

Have you tried the rekordbox 5 beta?  Remember, this is a beta version specifically meant for testing purposes and should not be used to perform at events.

Mark Gallo 0 votes

Dear Pioneer,

Thank you.

I have tried it and its good.

I tried and reverted back to the older version. Latency issues, Waveforms not matching with sound. Even if you use sync, track cannot line up and is distorted no matter how hard you try to pitch bend, I don't have this issues with the older one.

But I understand that this is a BETA testing version.

My issue is simple about the software hanging while on use.

My suggestion remains that Rekordbox still requires a lot of stability compared to Serato. I believe this can be achieved and await further firmware and software updates for the DDJ RZX. I will also upgrade my laptop to a core i7 soon. This machine seems very power hungry.

My request to you is that do not leave us hanging as your clients in the DDj R series. Its a bit scary when you know you spent a whooping $3200/- to get it. I would have requested for a change to the SZ2 but the outlet refused.

Thanking you,

Karan

Karan Pandya 0 votes

Unfortunately, with an i7 will not be better. It is on the RZX! The controller needs some firmware updates until it works properly.

el bingo 0 votes

Thanks for your responce. Any idea on when a new update will be available ? As per your advice then I shall not spend on getting a core i7.

Karan Pandya 0 votes

Something remedy creates a very good usb cable to use. I bought for example one of devils and it became something better.

el bingo 0 votes

me esta sucediendo lo mismo que a el no tengo ni 3 semanas de comprado y me ha dado muchísimos problemas una maquina tan cara y me ha dejado tirado en dos eventos se congela y se queda parado estoy muy decepcionado después de 15 años como cliente de pionner y ahora me dice que mi cuenta esta bloqueada 

djbembe 0 votes

@Jacinto > There's not a lot of information to go on based on your post, and you're replying to someone else's topic. In order for us to assist you further, please file an inquiry ticket here and our rekordbox support team will be able to help resolve this issue.

Pulse 0 votes

Bonjour

Les référence chez Pioneer sont facile à comprendre :

- DDJ-Rxx => Rekordbox

- DDJ-Sxx => Serato

- DDJ-Txx => Traktor

Cordialement

CANEVET 0 votes

@CANEVET > Formerly, that was true, but there are a few products which work across multiple apps now.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi 

I have had the same problem with my DDJ RZX even though i have bought the latest gen i7 laptop of the highest spec.only after turning off my anti virus and wi-fi then only did my issue was resolve - Ihope this works for you 

Jazz

dj jazzyp 0 votes

Can anyone advise if the effects on the DDJ RZX  can be changed as i have the same effects on the pads then on the effects buttons (x3) on either side of the controller are the same - pardon me for my ignorance -is there any way to change them as i mean the effects on the list are minimal - is there a way to download or purchase effects 

Thanks in advance 

dj jazzyp 0 votes