Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

6 abonnés S’abonner

RB 5.0 beta 3 - waveform doesn't line up (video attached)

Not including my specific info since there are multiple posts about this, but wanted to share my video

Basically the two tracks are in perfect sync  but the waveform are not in line. They 'meet' at the playhead but are out of sync before and after. Sound is in sync once the pitches are matched.  Very strange and trippy.  I saw a few posts about this bboth in the regular rekordbox forum and the beta forum and now I've experienced this bug.  Video below:

https://youtu.be/EgvT5nA6Ffg

Also -- your single sign on is buggy, takes multiple attempts logging in to post in here.  Multiple redirects to the login screen on mozilla, safari and chrome both on PC and MAC.  

DJ Chase

Commentaire officiel

Good news! As of rekordbox 5.0.2 they introduced a new setting to get things back to the way they were in 4.3!

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

10 commentaires

BriChi - sorry had it private

should be visible now

DJ Chase 0 votes

The not aligned waveform is quite common because of the different tempo of the tracks and the stretch factor applied. I am seeing the same when using Serato but honestly as long as the waveforms really meet the playhead at the same time (and they do), this is nothing to worry about as its just a cosmetic problem.

I strongly second the SSO problem when signing to this page - its really terrible and it never worked correctly after the changes on the forum few months back. I sign in and out about 4 times before the forum realizes I am logged in and allows me to post. -- took me about 6 attempts to write this post which is frustrating...

Marek 0 votes

Completely agree with you @harry J... Its makes it a lot easier if we are trying to mix the drop of the next track with the current. So appreciate how Serato handles it.

@Marek - Completely understand the fact that the wavefoms meet at the playhead at the same time. But it makes a difference when aligning for mixing breaks and drops. Serato has never been this way and it was never the same.

Avlon 0 votes

@Avion I am sure that Serato does it or at least did not to far in the past - I had to use some experimental command (entered to the library search box) to stretch the waveforms so they were aligned in their full length. Maybe they already fixed it but idk...

But hey, adjusting the tracks visually isn't the most reliable way anyway... :-D

Marek 0 votes

Problem solved my friends !
Uncheck the "Enable DVS Function"

Shay Gotliv 1 vote

@Pulse 

Thank you for encouraging the engineers to go back to the more standard way of doing things.  HAving options is great.

..now if you could convince them to increase the font size for a few of the important items (BPM Key % etc!) :)

DJ Chase 0 votes