Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

3 abonnés S’abonner

Where is the rest of 8 hot cues in 5.0 export mede

In export mode 5.0 there is no way to access the last 8 cue ponts. 

In the same breathe. Since i dont really need 8 cue points. Can those last eight cue ponts be used and cue loops/saved loops

koolbreeze Répondu

Commentaire officiel

To the first question, no hardware currently supports 9-16, so they're not necessary -- but I've already raised the issue that a DJ may want to manage them through the export mode simply to copy / move them from one of the 9-16 slots down into the 1-8 slots.

To the second, no, sorry - that's a separate function already.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

12 commentaires

In regards to the second question. You mention that it is a seperate function. But i notice that if i have a loop saved. It takes the slot of a cue point. So in essence if i have a track with eight cue points, There is will be no slots for saved loops. Unless those new 8 cue slots 9-16 can be used.

koolbreeze 0 votes

Right. As it is now. Hot loop seem to over ride a hot cue slot. So i would prefer if the new eight hot cues are dedicated to saved loops/hot loops and the first 8 remain as hot cues

koolbreeze 0 votes

It saves them in whichever position you store them; if you want a hot loop to be "B" and standard hot cues as "A" and "C" you can do that.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok but that will make u have less hot cues now. As one will now be a hot loop.
This is how i think it should work.
Song on deck 1 has eight hot cues A-H.
No hot loop. If i want a hot loop i will have to use one of the hot cue slots now.
So i am left woth 7 hot cue slots.
So with the new 16 slots in rbdj 5.0 we can use those added 8 for hot loops exclusively

koolbreeze 0 votes

You can already do that. Just store your hot loop to hot cue positions I-P!

Pulse 0 votes

Right on target. Hence why we need to see them in export mode.
I thought that was the reason for 16 slots

koolbreeze 0 votes

Let me put this into another frame for you...

You have 8 hot cues, hot loops, whatever, stored anywhere in A-H, but you want to export your songs for use on an XDJ-RX which only has 4 hot cues available. You need to decide which ones you want and move them accordingly.

Pulse 0 votes

Or put them in export mode where there is more screen real estate. All 16 can be displayed at once. Notice in performance mode only 8 is displayed at a time till u slide the pads.
And why the sigh. I thought beta is to point out issues so they can be looked into. If i gave u a hard time that was never my intention. I just want to be able to use an app that is user friendly

koolbreeze 0 votes

No hardware supports them? What kind of an answer is that? Ever heard of the DDJ-XP1? 

Marty Holbus 0 votes

@Marty > That statement was made August 29, 2017, but the DDJ-XP1 was not announced to the public until September 12th, 2017 - 2 weeks later. I was well aware of the hardware and even had one for pre-release testing, so I'll thank you for pointing out that it exists NOW but did not when the question was posed.

Pulse 0 votes