Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

XDJ-RX Midi Connection feedback problem

Hi guys, 
When connecting my XDJ-RX to my MacBook via USB in MIDI mode in order to listen to my laptop output I get weird feedback problems. If only, say, playing a tune on iTunes, in my browser or on Rekordbox, there's no problem at all. While playing music on iTunes, as soon as you open another browser tab with music or even just a muted video on Facebook, the music stops and starts echoing. Sounds like a feedback loop or something. I have to stop the music in iTunes or from wherever it's coming from to make it stop. 

Does anyone know a solution? 

Thanks in advance, you'll redeem me from a lot of pain :D 

Yes Lars Répondu

Commentaire officiel

The issue occurs when multiple applications are trying to address the audio interface simultaneously.

As indicated, the intended usage of Pioneer DJ products is not to be an audio interface for iTunes / YouTube.

This is an unfortunate side-effect when using the XDJ-RX as a main sound output and our engineers are aware of this issue, however this is not a high priority fix.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

5 commentaires

I was just about to post about the same problem.

Using Macbook pro via USB on Midi mode, if you have one source of audio playing i.e. Spotify, itunes or a browser based service like soundcloud and then open a second possible source of audio (any combination of itunes, spotify, browser) and even if it's not actually playing any music you will get a delay-esk feedback loop that builds until you're reaching for the non-existent panic button!

It's truly heart attack material when my system is going full tilt during an after-party :/ 

PLEASE FIX! 

Howard Pettit 1 vote

Without wanting to sound negative and I am a XDJ-RX owner myself, that is not what the unit is designed for.

If you want to use the device as a simple interface between your speakers to playback music outside of a USB stick connected directly to the RX or solely using a MIDI capable software such as RB, VDJ or Traktor, then you are best using a line output from your MacBook and connecting into a line input of the RX.

DJ Mel 0 votes

I appreciate the workaround you have suggested but I might as well just bypass the unit completely if I do what you suggest, as I could just plug the line output straight in to my amp. Either that or use a completely separate audio interface. However, I actually want to take advantage of the built in DA converters of the RX as the sound quality is much higher and it saves me doubling up on an audio interface.

The fact that the RX is also a Midi controller for Traktor etc, doesn't mean I shouldn't use it as just sound card, as the two functions are mutually exclusive. Just as if you had an audio interface and a midi controller for Logic X for example, the only difference is that the Midi signal and the audio are going through one USB connection. 

Bottom line is that this an issue that should be addressed by Pioneer, I've used a few different audio interfaces over the years and never had a problem like this. Even having an app like Splice open in the background and not active, causes the feedback loop. So someone using the RX as a Midi controller with Traktor or Rekordbox can experience this issue at any time they happen to have a secondary possible sound source open. (I've tried this and it happens with both Traktor and Rekordbox) Which is a problem right?

Howard Pettit 1 vote

If im honest I haven't tried that with mine. I usually use a PC based laptop for gigging and never had the issue ever, soncould we'll be a mac issue. Another thing is I use VDJ so maybe this is a RB issue?. I'll try it with my MacBook too, to see if I also get the same issue as you both.

DJ Mel 0 votes