Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Requesting more options on binding needle search to MIDI devices

Hi. Just started using Rekordbox DJ with DVS. Also using a Kontrol X1 as a MIDI controller to quickly browse songs, make loops, search the song etc. 

I am however somewhat disappointed with the options on binding Needle Search to a MIDI device. At the moment when binding NeedleSearch its type is "Value", meaning you require support on your device for eg a knob, that has a start point with one value and an end point with another, and everything in between. When the knob is moved to it's leftmost end, I scrub to the start of the track, and on its rightmost, the track's end. 

What I request is the ability to bind something like "NeedleSearchForward" and "NeedleSearchBackwards" so that you can mimic the needle search function on for instance a CDJ unit.

This current NeedleSearch is limiting. Example: Track length is 3 min. I play it from the start. If I then move the knob and it's currently at the 12 o clock position, the track will jump from its position in the start of the track to the percentual value of around 50% (where the knob was when I moved it, 12 o clock).

Surely it must be a simple task to add this? It's standard practice in virtually every Pioneer DJ player?

Karl Edvin Gadd Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Sorry, Needle Search and Jog functions are reserved for Pioneer DJ products and are not available for MIDI mapping.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

3 commentaires

I am moving this to Product Features & Suggestions

Jay 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien