Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

7 abonnés S’abonner

Error message E8305 Unsupported

Hi guys.

This is my first post. I have always been a vinyl DJ but have finally made the transition to digital, with some prompting from my kids! 😂😂

I am getting this error when I try to load the file from some of my MP3s.

Error message E8305 Unsupported

The files work fine in rekordbox on my laptop but this RX2 doesn't like them.

I assume there is some kind of corruption in the file. Is there a program that I can run on my MP3s through that will correct any errors et cetera? I thought rekordbox would do this but obviously not.

Dansro Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Yup, that would be exactly what it is. Per the user manual:

WAVs up to 24bit 48kHz are supported.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

17 commentaires

@Dan > If they are outside the standard range of sample rate or bit depth they may not be supported by the player. Can you check one or two of the files to determine the technical details about them?

Pulse 1 vote

I have the same Problems with the tracks i made by myself... Just got the Rx yesterday and im very sad that the rx just wont play my tracks :D :D 

I make my tracks at the samplerate of 44.1 Khz and 32 Bit float

i tried the tracks with .wav and .mp3 

both dont work

They were analyzed normally in RB and they do work in Serato iTunes and so on.. 

My second Problem is that when i want to fade in a new track the new track is drifting even when they have the same BPM? Never had this issue with the DDj Sx can somebody please help me?

Martin R 0 votes

Well i think i found the Error,

The Xdj rx doesnt Support .wav 32 Bit? 

I think this is strange... Im not a home right now i will check this issue when im home. 

So im gonna export my songs again in Studio one using .wav in 24 Bit mode

Martin R 0 votes

Thanks for the reply. 

OK...so the files that won't play are a mixture of MP3 and WAV. As I said, they play fine in rekordbox.

What info do you need and how do I find it out?

JVJ24601 0 votes

rekordbox supports tracks over and above what the XDJ-RX/2 will support, so just because they play fine there, doesn't mean they'll be okay on the hardware.

If you can Dropbox / fileshare one of the MP3s that won't play, there could be something else at hand - but the WAV files are likely because they're outside the supported bit depth / sample rates.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi

Apologies for the delay in posting. I bought the DJX RX2 as a way to spend half an hour relaxing away from my busy career and I just haven't had time to resolve this issue. 

OK...the majority of the files that won't play are MP3. I tried to convert to WAV to see if that would work but still no good.

They play fine on Rekordbox.

Here is a link to one of the files that won't play... https://we.tl/u2t8pfFdHQ

Dansro 0 votes

@Dan > That song you linked has a sample rate of 22kHz. I didn't even need to scan it for errors to tell you it's not up to snuff.

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse Thanks for that. I'm aware that it's a very low quality file.

Putting aside the listening / mixing experience, does that mean a 22kHz file won't play on the XDJ RX2?

I have hundreds of higher quality files that won't play either.

Dansro 0 votes

From the owner's manual:

No, 22kHz sample rate files are not supported.

What are some of the other files that won't play?

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse. Thank you. I think that was the issue. I'm new to digital so I'm still trying to get my head around it all. Last time I DJd I just picked up a vinyl and put it on a 1210!

For anyone else with same issue here's what I did...

1, Used a programme called MP3QualityModifier to check and redo my files.

2, Re-upload to Rekordbok

3, Re-transfer to USB.

I've tried a couple and they worked OK so I'm hoping this solves the issue for the other tracks

Dansro 0 votes

The problem with converting them is they're still garbage files -- 22kHz sampling rate up-converted to 44kHz doesn't re-gain the missing quality. Yes, it will play, but you'd be better off trying to get a better copy of that original audio.

Glad you got it working tho!

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse - yes I get that. The files that wouldn't play are mainly pop stuff that I use for scratching so it's not too bad. The Sonz one was just a last resort rip as I was struggling to get a decent version. As long as I can play them for now I can get better quality versions as I go along. Thank you!

Dansro 0 votes

Hi all, I'm getting this error message on a load of tracks and I have a NYE gig to practise for. 
My tracks are wav or MP3. WAVs are 44.1kHz, USB is formatted to FAT32. Using another also FAT32 backup USB stick of the same brand (SanDisk Cruzer Blade) some of the same tracks work on the backup USB but not all. 

I've update the XDJ-RR to latest Firmware V1.0.1.

Created the playlists through Rekordbox like normal, everything like normal but only now am getting this issue. 

Could it be a setting within Rekordbox when creating the playlist? Another playlist have every track working. 

Thanks, 

Marcus

Marcus Gear 0 votes

Could simply be that your SanDisk drive is having issues being read by the player; please try a different USB device.

Pulse 0 votes

I'm having a similar issue I think. I've checked the WAV file, and it's 24 bit 44.1khz, which I think should be fine on the XDJ-700

Getting the E8305 unsupported error. Am I missing something?

Liam McNeilly 0 votes