Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox filter collection by genre, and then by rating

Please can Rekordbox filter a collection by Genre and then Rating?

I use ratings to represent energy level (as recommended here), but Rekordbox only allows filtering:

- by genre in the Category filter, or

- by rating in the Track filter

It won't do both.  I need to perform filters such as:

"Show all Techno with Rating of 3+4"

I know I can copy the genre into a MyTag and filter from there, but that is a LOT of work for 5,000 tracks. Removing category filter, and placing all the category filter into the track filter would be amazing.

David Clough

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

2 commentaires

I maybe missing something, but how is adding songs to a specific tag a LOT of work, as you have already done the rating, but only need to add the 'genre' tag? 

I would find it rather simple and straight forward:

1) Make a genre-specific smart playlist or use the general search filter to find 'techno' songs

2) Select all

3) Open the ´Display My Tag configuration window' from the right -> click 'techno' tick box from the menu (or add it).

4) You're good to go using the track filter...

Antti-K 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

How come people are content (or even happy ?!) with work arounds for a softwares' clear short-coming....??

Cascaded / multi-level sorting, as suggested/requested here, is not hard to program, is/can be very helpful and you wouldn't want to miss it once you're used to thepower it gives you on your own data/music to find what you are after quickly...

Even more so if RB were to also support multi-value metadata as well as custom metadata fields... i.e.

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115009600226--feature-request-Multi-value-tag-metadata-support-Genres-Artists-Mood-etc-

Churs.

c.

Chris Mey 2 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien