Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

4 abonnés S’abonner

Rekordbox Multiple database

Hi, i have searched in the FAQ and Forums and found no answer. I would like to have 2 databases in recordbox and did it like a descriton on your Forum.
I moved the database on an external hdd. Than i disconnected the hdd off from my macbook and created a new database. Than i connected the hdd again and i should be able to select between the 2 databases under preferences/advanced/database Management. But it is not possible, there is only the last registered database listed - i can only move this database again but there are not 2 databases to select within listed.... Thanks..... Roman

Roman Avec réponse

Commentaire officiel

You've already moved the database to an external drive, simply start rekordbox without the external connected, it won't be found, then it will warn you and ask if you want to load from the default location, say yes. It will create a new, blank, collection. After that, quit rekordbox, connect the external drive, boot rekordbox - it will load the internal database, but you can now switch between the internal and external by going into the preferences.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

7 commentaires

actually you can but its a bit pain.say you have 1st database inside your pc.you save this database as 1.then you clean library.you attack external hhd with your music files.you drop them on library you make your lists ect.save it like database 2.now you can change between them

Nikos Toufexis 0 votes

Hello Nikos,

thanx your your reply. but I do not understand it.

please would you be so kind to write me step by step 1., 2., 3.  , etc... ?

i also don't know where I should save the first database.. please step by step - thank u very much !! ;-)

best regards roman

Roman 0 votes

Dear Pulse,

thanx for your help - it works ! ;-)

I thought I could do 2 databases on the external drive, but I am happy to have it like this now - Thank u very much

best regards and happy new year ! ;-)

Roman

Roman 0 votes

Hello, it would be nice if pioneer implemented a way to easily creat and switch between different databases / collection / analyzed tracks. However, Roman, you can always find the database (called master under the pioneer folder), rename it, then create a new master database (automatically). Now you can switch between them simple by renaming the on you want to use to master and the other or other ones to something else.

Antonio Estévez 0 votes

@Antonio > You can currently do this if you have a database stored on an external drive. There is no provision to use multiple databases internally as there haven't been many real-world use cases presented as compelling reason to develop it.

Pulse 0 votes