Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

Hard Drive Failed, now Rekordbox is blank

My iMac hard drive failed and shut down the computer entirely. 3 weeks later I have it back with a lot of new parts in it, but a brand new empty hard drive. All my files were stored on Backblaze (literally my entire hard drive, not just MP3s etc), and I now have them back.  However, I got upgraded to Ventura OS from Monterrey, and also the latest download of Rekordbox is now 6.6.6, and I presume I had version 5 before. I've got the DDJ-1000 and I got Rekordbox free with that. I think I've upgraded to Creative level, but it was a while back since I checked what I paid and when.

In short I have been in touch with Pioneer Support to try to figure out how to reinstate Rokordbox to remember all the things I had done to the tracks - text in the info box, star ratings, hot cues, playlists.  I'm wondering if it works like Adobe Lightroom in that all these changes are stored in a file somewhere, separate from the app. I've tried to find this, and nothing has worked yet. I did try to  Support asked me to do a few things, none of which worked and it's looking like it's going to be a long several days of back and forth with new things to try.  TBH, I need the dummies guide to what is going on here. I tried to restore the library, but it did nothing, and I found several very similar looking files, so wasn't sure what one to use.  If I needed to back up this library at some point, then I have never done that, so it could be simply a case of telling me tough luck, start again!

Phil Dickson

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

4 commentaires

Do you have any backups of the database from within your user folder? If not, the only other way to recover the library would be from any exports (you could import songs with their hot cues, etc).

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

This is the folder I was directed to by one website, but I have no idea if any of them work. I tried the first one and it did nothing.  I have never manually done a backup of any Rekordbox files (other than Backblaze copying every single file). Is it something you need to do manually, or does Rekordbox remember automatically?  I could do wihtout having to add my data back to 2000 mp3s.

Phil Dickson 0 votes

Try this...

Copy the master.db and the 3 master.backup files to another folder for temporary storage.

Delete the master.db-shm and master-db-wal files and open rekordbox again.

Let me know if that works.

Pulse 0 votes