Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

2 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ 100 error - only left quantise button lit

Earlier this year in January when weather was cold I brought my DDJ 1000 inside a venue and due to the warm venue it started getting condensation over it.  Not long after it stopped working and only the left quantise button would light up.

After drying off the condensation and leaving it to dry and warm up it then worked fine, and has ben fine ever since until this weekend when the same thing happened, right before a gig! The condensation wasn't even that bad. But again I Ieft it for a while and then it was fine in time for the gig luckily.

What exactly does the quantise button error mean? Although it seems fine after warming up I'm worried there may be some water damage. 
If I was to get it looked at and serviced what would they even be looking for?

Thanks

Dan Répondu

Commentaire officiel

Quantize just snaps certain performance functions to the beat grid (eg. hot cues, loops, etc) so they're "on time." If it's not working in hardware you can still toggle it in software.

Yes, it could be serviced, but water-damage repairs can be costly. 

You can find our list of authorized service centres in your region here.

Pulse
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

5 commentaires

Thanks for responding. I know what Quantise does, that's not my question.

Dan 0 votes

You weren't clear - you said "would light up" and I interpreted that to mean it was solid.

If the Quantize button itself is blinking, it indicates a power fault. Have the unit serviced.

Pulse 0 votes

I was clear, it lights up, it doesn't blink.

Is this official route for Pioneer support or am I in the wrong place??

Dan 0 votes