Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

DDJ-FLX4 not being recognised by my windows pc

I have just bought myself a new DDJ FLX4 and I am having trouble getting it to work. When I plug it in the buttons light up but I cannot get it to control Rekordbox. I tried updating the firmware but all I got was this error message. I checked device manager and it didn't show up anywhere even when I looked at hidden devices. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Michael McKnight

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

6 commentaires

Are you using a USB-A or USB-C port on your computer?

Pulse 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

just bought flx4 too. the usb included comes with usb C both end. When i plugge into my windows 10 laptop the "in" loop button is blinking only and can't control anyhting. Thus, probably not being recognized. please advise asap. thanks

Dave Charles Mondejar 0 votes

I'm having the exact same problem. The provided cable is usb c in both ends, but my pc only has usb a, so i'm using a diferent cable.

Pedro Teixeira 0 votes

The DDJ-FLX4 requires the use of USB-C because it has a 9V power requirement but USB-A only provides 5V. In these cases, you can use a USB-A-to-C cable to connect the data from the PC to the DDJ, but you will need to connect an external USB-C power adapter to the power input of the controller as well.

Pulse 0 votes

I have two usb c port on my laptop. at the first, no power at all in the flx4, the second gives power to the flx 4 but the windows doesn't recognize the device. need a driver for it, but the support continuosly says, no need driver

Szabolcs Csizmás 0 votes

I had the same issue on my Lenovo Laptop and the problem was caused by Windows 10 and it's buggy USB3 driver. I used USB-A to USB-C cable and the FLX4 controller was working in Linux (Mint 21.2 + Mixxx) without any signs of problems ... so, I don't think the USB-C to USB-C cable mentioned in the comment above is really required. Just the buggy Windows 10 had problems with the detection until I tried to put a USB 2.0 HUB between the Laptop and FLX4. With that the issue disappeared completely and I could get rid of the USB 2.0 HUB when I disabled the USB 3.0 support in the BIOS/UEFI setup. Well, one problem still persists even with enforced USB 2.0 and that is the need to unplug and plug the cable once after the Windows boots, but the reliability is 100x better now. It's possible the FLX4 requires a strict timing during the USB enumeration process and doesn't get it from some USB host Windows drivers ... that's just one of the reasons why I prefer Linux and it's such a pity Pioneer doesn't wanna make a Linux release of Rekordbox :(

Jaromír Cápík 0 votes