Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Djm 2000 flagship mixer?

I was just looking at the pioneer dj Facebook there is a few pics up of the IMS summit in Ibiza and the pioneer demo stand. Not a djm 2000 in sight and its the same on a lot of the demo stands ive seen lately the djm 900 looks like its the new flagship mixer.

djsd

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

18 commentaires

The 2000 is still the flagship mixer.  Flagship does not mean "the mixer you'll see everyone using everywhere".

Mark90 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

The DJM 2000 is $2500 (canadian);  as much as I love the mixer, after getting over the touch screen and some of the FX, I am very disappointed of its sound card in comparison to the DJM 900.  I know this has been discussed but as the most expensive (audio) mixer on the Pioneer line (excluding the SVM), it would be nice for some magic to occur on the engineering end from Pioneer. 

The intentions of designing a mixer to get people to move away from DVS setups was great but not the way of the future so I only hope that in some honorable gesture, Pioneer can help us owners of the DJM 2000 who depend on using the mixer's superb features along side a DVS (i.e. NA TSP2) without the use of an external sound card.  (At this time I would also like to turn off that light bulb that might have turned on in marketing's head that they  should design a Pioneer external sound card :)

Flagship model or no flagship model, hands down, I would only suggest the DJM 900 as it's the best bang for your buck.

Just my 2 cents...

Shain

untitled 0 votes

To be honest the sound card doesn't bother me to much as I dont use Traktor and even on the djm 2000 the touch screen can be used as a midi controller for traktor, It just looks like Pioneer push the 900 a lot more than the 2000.

djsd 0 votes

I can relate as it's not the end of the world for me either not to be able to use timecode BUT, it's just that a cheaper model is more powerful than the more expensive one and that does not happen too often and when your the owner of the big boy, it does not feel good.  It almost feels like I paid for a V8 Mustang and left the lot with a 6 banger! (if you know what I mean) :)

untitled 0 votes

I feel the Djm2k is a pleasure to use in sound quality and features as like many others I don' use Traktor etc ... but the 900 is being marketed heavily which makes 2000 owners outside the party at the mo . The 900 is  a new breed of mixer that is taking over from the mighty and much championed 800 and that has to be a tough job to upstage at that price bracket  but we moan about the side chain levels n stuff but look at these forums and you'll see that the 900 is a complex and problematic mixer more so than the djm2k( not knocking it). I run a djm2k witha pair cdj2k's add to that my old faithful 1000's now that, a devastating system in the right hands with great upgrade potential such as a third cdj 2k and a remix 1000(only £600). Bottom line is though before you part with cash decide what you want to use and how ,do your homework and the make your purchase and don't look back . I hope the engineers at Pioneer do support the djm2k for the future as they did sell to us punters as the "Flagship" mixer and if they don't this will leave a bad taste in the mouth of many a Pioneer follower/user, Not good marketing ! .So when the fix for djm 2k happens(bloody well better,lol) this will be forgotten, perhaps they could develop from the o/c's and touch screen further, who knows but for now I 've got a solid set up that is sweet to use ,happy punter,happy daze.

D Mark Mills 0 votes

The 900 came out AFTER the 2000, so there's no point in moaning about equipment or features of an older mixer in comparison to the newer one.

Pulse 0 votes

I understand that pulse an no complaints about that, as Mark Mills said it was marketed as the flagship mixer, It just looks like the forgotten mixer to me.

djsd 0 votes

I can't believe there still isn't an update for the sound levels,  i understand they're probably waiting to have all the bugs fixed,  but please send a small update to fix the sound levels,  i use the touch screen quite a bit,  and i hate having to adjust the level to MIN all the time.  Been forever since there was an update.  I bet there will be another mixer that will be released before an update on the 2000.  I'm not impressed with how Pioneer is handling this.  There wasn't a problem with the sound level when i bought it,  but now i'm stuck with the problem since i updated the 2000 to the newest update.

RedTurboMr2 0 votes

Well said Red! Well said!

I am no engineer or programmer or ... but I am a DJ (I think :D), I buy Pioneer gear not only because of the specs but because of the reputation they have build though the years with their products (DJ mainly).

This one issue with the levels is absolutely, absolutely, unacceptable.  I don't care how many hours this would cost, it's no different from a factory recall on an automobile.  This is a function of the mixer and one that separates it from the 900 and as of writing, IT IS USELESS.  I would never use it out as it stands.

If this was a different company's issue, we (including Pioneer developers) would be proud to be a part of Pioneer.  This is a shame.

Pioneer and the mods, who we all appreciate here, can preach all they want how the 2000 is not forgotten and that it is the flagship mixer, it's time to back that up boys.  We paid a lot of money for this so called "flagship" mixer.

untitled 0 votes

Absolutely agree with the 2 posts above me..

Pioneer needs to update the DJM-2000! the waiting time is RIDICILOUS

I have waited patiently for about 10 months..

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

@F!rmwar3 > Please don't bounce from thread to thread posting the same sentiment.  We understand, there's no need to wallpaper the forum with the same information over and over.

Pulse 0 votes

Then do something about it and we'll stop.  We're standing up for something we want fixed.  You said there hasn't been many complaints about this,  so here's some complaints for ya. Enough said.

RedTurboMr2 0 votes

I never said there weren't many complaints either.

Pulse 0 votes

And the same thing goes for you, RedTurboMr2 -- please don't multi-post.

Pulse 0 votes

Yeah, Pulse you are right.. I am sorry about that..

Just getting a little impatient after all this time ;) 

F!RMWAR3 0 votes