Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Leveling (dB) of a Mixer (700/800/900/2000 etc.)

Hey there just wondering, those Mixers show Levels of 12dB but normally you shouldn't go above 0dB.

Does this have something to do with the headroom of 24-bit?, and if yes/no how does the signal gets into the output cable, with which level and what quality?

Thanx a lot EpikureeR

EpikureeR

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.

15 commentaires

I think it's ok to have your peaks go past 0dB momentarily, but keep them out of the red.

John Kiser 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

yeah, i would like to know some more deeper technical details about that :)

EpikureeR 0 votes

It's far more complex than that and you should know that 0dB on the mixer meter does not equal 0dBu output.  The headroom in each mixer varies and the amount of headroom rated depends on the output used.  Confused?   Wiki.

Pulse 0 votes

nono I'm fine with dB and headroom, but is there any piece of paper where I can get further details.

I study this stuff and I'd really like to know some more details about it. 

Thanx for the response

EpikureeR 0 votes

Are you looking for specs on the products themselves further to what's already listed in the back of the manual?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, I'm also interested in this topic.

Sorry Pulse, but I cannot figure it out what is the "real" output on this mixer (DJM 2000)! There are just some measured data under specific conditions, but not an exact proportion. I know, it is logarithmic and yes, there will be no exact value, but it would be interesting what "real" db is @ 0 db @ the mixer (DJM 2000). And if it is "real" not 0 db, what would be the value @ the mixer for "real" 0db???

THX

Xador 0 votes

I would like to know what level exactly do I have on the output of the mixer when I play on 10db (DJM-2000)

Normally I would get a heavily distorted signal if I'm outputting on 10db,

Does the mixer drop the signal down again on the output or what exactly is happening?

EpikureeR 0 votes

I asked some Pioneer guy here @ the "support"! They do not know. :-(

So Pulse / Gavin, can you figure it out for us please?

THX

Xador 0 votes

this is really awkward that neither a pioneer support cannot solve this :/

EpikureeR 0 votes

It is sad, I can write a book about all the "stories" I've experienced with Pioneer. Sometimes I'm wondering, why I'm still here...

But I'm waiting for the DJM 2000 update; this depends if I'll be a Pioneer costumer in future or switch to the other big company.

Xador 0 votes

i normally also give a "warning" to other people in this business that pioneer has become strange in a certain way

EpikureeR 0 votes

I don't want to be a hater, but you're right. I know many DJs around me who "step away" from Pioneer in case of all the things happened the last years.

By the way, this is also the reason why I don't buy a RMX 1000 and as I wrote, if nothing will REALLY change (DJM 2000, CDJ 2000), they loose one more customer!

Xador 0 votes

I feel you man, but for now I would be really greatful to get some insight into this myth, because everyone yells not to go beyond the 0db (Some smartass guys on the internet), but I cannot see why not, i though the digital mixer offers headroom, but how is this headroom related to the output of the mixer. I'm really curious an no-one can tell, at least pioneer should be able to explain it!

EpikureeR 0 votes