Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publication

5 abonnés S’abonner

Live Sampler on Djm 2000

What does the live sampler (button on the left of the touch screen) do? I tried playing around with it but couldn't really figure much out... And is there even a use for this after the new best slice feature??

T-Top

Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.

16 commentaires

I got the DJM 2000 for about 2 years and never used the Live Sampler!

Why? Because it has a much to slow workflow to get the sampler in the mix :/

Don't know how to use it either :(

The Live Sampler does record the Mic or the Master Out for a maximum of 8 seconds. The .wav file gets stored in the mixer. You can access the file within the Link feature on the CDJ 900/2000/nexus.

eLem3ntx 0 votes
Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Oh! So press link on the cdj and then connect to the djm? And I guess those samples saved are only temporary?

Also, it would be cool if we could beat slice mic clips lol

T-Top 0 votes

with the firmware update to the 2000, I,ve at last found a use for it ..... see my Beatslicing the mic input post .... workflow still sucks.

It would be very very usable if, instead of recording an 8 sec section/loop it recorded an 8 BAR loop, based on master tempo and quantise .....

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

just to clarify, if the live sampler recorded in the SAME way as the new beatslicer .... 

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

Maybe next update, pioneer? ;) The sampler is probably the most unused feature on the djm, and what urban suggested about having it record 8 bars instead of seconds would be amazing and it would probably actually become useful

T-Top 0 votes

the more i think about this the more its gotta be so easily do-able .... its a programming thing, just get the 'Rec' button to do the same command as the on/off button does whilst in beat slice mode

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

and the 8 bars instead of 8 secs would really make it quite a powerful little tool

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

8 bars vs. 8 seconds requires twice as much memory, so there is very much a hardware limitation on this. it's not just a programming thing.

@ ~ 127bpm, 8 seconds is about 17 beats, or 4 1/4 bars.

you'd need twice that much, plus enough to support that kind of loop at rap tempos (so likely 4 times as much) in order to guarantee this works across the board.

again i am 100% speculating on this but i have a feeling that the mixer can't support it just from what we've seen it do in regards to sampling.

jean luc protocollie 0 votes

yeah, sorry I meant beats .... 8 beats

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

Why 8 beat sampler on master? You have roll... it´s same. Beat effector on mater, 8 beat + roll and 100%. And you will roll 8 beat sample from master.

But I agree, that "today" live sampler is probably most useless function on DJM 2k/Nexus.

I think, that wil be greate, if sample from LS can be stored on CDJ... on SD card, USB or computer, with all BPM data and grid. And after it, played directly from DJM 2k. Or something like that...

Ondřej Mikulášek 0 votes

your last paragraph is why ..... the roll can't be saved as a sample, can't be exported to a deck and the sync drifts after while ...

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

yeah... but without storing directly to SD/USB/RB SW is 8beat sample useless. And CDJ is not ideal device for playing short 8 beat samples.

If you want just an 8 beat sample from master, roll is ideal solution.

Hope, that Pioneer will make something usefull with live sampler. But I don´t see any good way... only some complex solution with recordbox can provide aditional bonus to this function.

I don´t understant why isn´t recordbox more complex system today - some MIDI solution with effect and sampler. It will be cool and pretty easy. PC will be connected with DJM 2k via LINK and USB (soundcard). Recordbox know everything about actual beat grid, so every sample should be BPM sync with master.

You can use it toady with another SW, but integracion with RB have great potencial.

Ondřej Mikulášek 0 votes

memory, memory, memory........  It's a word that appears all too often in this forum!  and pioneer always comes back with the word '' expense'' or ''extra cost''   personally, i wouldnt mind paying an extra £100 or whatever... if it meant the mixers (or decks) could have exceptionally large  storage for future updates and samples, user settings also...   how about putting a suggestion to the pioneer team, that future products have some kind of removeable memory, and even  customisable decks and mixers, where we can buy extra effects and features that suit us,  for example, a house dj, could buy a house effects ''programme'' for his mixer   or a dubstep dj could buy an effects package that would suit his music style better, think of it as buying an ''ableton suite''   type feature, only for your decks and mixer,...   anyone agree with me on this?

@ pulse and gavin, i know this post doesnt really belong in this thread, but there isnt a ''memory'' thread'' and i seen people mentioning memory,. ill have a look now and see if i can find somewhere better to repost it, or maby one of you's could move to somewhere more suitable?

aaron elliott 0 votes

+1 on the change to beats rather than seconds....... if your sampling in seconds then you need to take your wav and edit it, beats is way more manageable

make it happen pio :)

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

Comments noted, suggestions will be passed along.  Thank you!

Pulse 0 votes